[SOLVED] Need Help regarding M.2 nvme upgrade in laptop without without available slot. Hwinfo shows pci exp version 3.

Aug 13, 2020
Notebook model - Asus X541UV-x0029D.
Device manager shows 3 pci exp root.
I don't know how I can attach screenshots or txt file. I am new here will learn.

Solution
I am little bit confuse about if I should get 1 tb as per my build plan or 120gb,240gb so my expenses don't cross its limit and will be able to buy 1tb nvme for new build. I watched a video on YouTube where it said normally we won't able to see the difference in gaming.
If I buy 1tb sata I won't able to buy nvme.
Kindly guide me which path I follow.
120GB is right out. You can't install any games on it.
A 1TB SATA III is what you want. It will be the only drive in this laptop.
Aug 13, 2020
Upload your pic to imgur.com and post the link here.

If your laptop lacks an M.2 port, you cannot put an M.2 drive in there.
Some where I read about it can
Yes sir this is the one. I didn't find any infor related to m.e nvme slot but hwinfo shows. Will upload the ss in min

Aug 13, 2020
I wanted to upgrade nvme for gaming performance. Now I remember that site recommend something like converter which looked like as 2.5 ssd case.
Somewhere I read about backward support where nvme might run on sata but it will be capped at sata limit. Motherboard connect with one other board which connects to HDD and cd drive.

Motherboard https://www.empowerlaptop.com/p/asu...aaXWRftEJ_Zl3W_eapZmq9VmTYXwlGAM2e4TXRRz1rKMA

2nd part

https://www.asus-accessories.com/hdd-board-for-vivobook-62582-61711.htm#x541uv|l

Actual pic
View: https://imgur.com/a/KmaUpeU

Aug 13, 2020
There is no M.2 port on there.

Replace your 2.5" HDD with a 2.5" SATA III SSD.
Cheaper, and in that system, for that use, you would see ZERO difference over trying to shoehorn an NVMe drive in there, which you cannot do.
Which SSD I should purchase any recommendations please and Thank you so much for your help. I am planning to build a gaming pc in upcoming month that's why I thought to purchase nvme and able to utilise it until new build. Seems like it not possible. Will go with 2.5 ssd for now.

Aug 13, 2020
I am little bit confuse about if I should get 1 tb as per my build plan or 120gb,240gb so my expenses don't cross its limit and will be able to buy 1tb nvme for new build. I watched a video on YouTube where it said normally we won't able to see the difference in gaming.

USAFRet

Titan
120GB is right out. You can't install any games on it.
A 1TB SATA III is what you want. It will be the only drive in this laptop.

Reactions: samaxe001
Solution
Aug 13, 2020
I won't be using this laptop for gaming just a casual backup. If I buy 1TB of sata lll I will have too use this storage in upcoming gaming pc.
For laptop. Will 250 gb will be enough for normal uses? Will keep 250 sata permanently in laptop and 1tb nvme for Gamin PC if nvme is going to make a difference in performance.
Pardon me for all this stupid question. This will be my last request.

TRENDING THREADS