[SOLVED] Need help reinstalling Windows 10 Apps & Packages

Mar 2, 2021
I used this command in the powershell:
Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage
This deleted ALL preinstalled apps.

Now im trying to get back one single app only, the Movies & TV App which is called: Microsoft.ZuneVideo
I found this list of packages https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/application-management/apps-in-windows-10

This command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Add-AppxPackage will reinstall all windows apps which i DONT want!
I want to reinstall ONLY movies&tv, what is the specific command for this?

Solution
I would start again and maybe write a batch file that instead of removing everything with 1 command, removes all the apps you don't want and ignores completely the ones you do. it is the long way around but it might work.

* ZuneVideo *
The naming "=" was not used as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable Program recognized. Check the spelling of the name or that the path is correct (if included), and repeat the process.

looks like the name Zunevideo is no longer in use, that would be my interpretation of the error. mainly as its only part of command in quotes.
Mar 2, 2021
On my system windows store does not work, i made some changes to the OS and this is the result, i dont need the store anyways and if i wanted to install apps with windows store i would have done that but i asked for help with the powershell.
For 30 minutes i tryed finding the command to install specific packages/apps but i couldnt find anything usefull...

The website Colif shared looks good, i found this line:
Movies & TV

Code:
PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage ZuneVideo).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

So what do i do with that? when i copy paste this in the powershell it doesnt do anything. which part of the code do i have to copy?

I also just noticed that when i run the uninstall command for all the packages it deleted the nvidia control panel...

I found another question, when i run the command to list all installed apps/packages:
Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName
or
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

There are four results which i dont know what they even are?
speaking about this:
1527c705-839a-4832-9118-54d4Bd6a0c89 1527c705-839a-4832-9118-54d4Bd6a0c89_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n...
c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515 c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n...
E2A4F912-2574-4A75-9BB0-0D023378592B E2A4F912-2574-4A75-9BB0-0D023378592B_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n...
F46D4000-FD22-4DB4-AC8E-4E1DDDE828FE F46D4000-FD22-4DB4-AC8E-4E1DDDE828FE_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n...

what is this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
So what do i do with that? when i copy paste this in the powershell it doesnt do anything. which part of the code do i have to copy?
instructions from Tenforums show you run that command in Command Prompt, its likely why the first command it does in every app is run powershell.
1. Open a command prompt.
2 Copy and paste the command below for the Windows app you want to reset into the command prompt, and press Enter. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

I assume its command prompt (admin) too.

Mar 2, 2021
instructions from Tenforums show you run that command in Command Prompt, its likely why the first command it does in every app is run powershell.

I assume its command prompt (admin) too.

The instructions are clear yes, but it doesnt work for me.
When i copy paste the exact command in the powershell as admin ofcourse, this is the result (an error):

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage ZuneVideo).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Get to know the new cross-platform PowerShell - https://aka.ms/pscore6 PS C: \ Windows \ system32> PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$ manifest = (Get-AppxPackage * ZuneVideo *). InstallLocation + '\ AppxManifest.xml'; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $ manifest}" =: The naming "=" was not used as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable Program recognized. Check the spelling of the name or that the path is correct (if included), and repeat the process. In line: 1 character: 5 + & {= (Get-AppxPackage * ZuneVideo *). InstallLocation + '\ AppxManifest. ... + ~ + CategoryInfo: ObjectNotFound: (=: String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId: CommandNotFoundException Add-AppxPackage cmdlet at command pipeline location 1 Specify values for the following parameters: Path:

D

Deleted member 14196

Whatever you did to windows it appears to be broken now. If you have restore points you can roll back to them or try and repair install

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would start again and maybe write a batch file that instead of removing everything with 1 command, removes all the apps you don't want and ignores completely the ones you do. it is the long way around but it might work.

* ZuneVideo *
The naming "=" was not used as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable Program recognized. Check the spelling of the name or that the path is correct (if included), and repeat the process.

looks like the name Zunevideo is no longer in use, that would be my interpretation of the error. mainly as its only part of command in quotes.

Last edited:
Reactions: GotaQuestion88
Solution
Mar 2, 2021
Hey again, so now im trying to create a batfile that will only uninstall those apps which i dont want to use, but im not sure how to do it..

Now i will show what i tryed to do, anyone can help me get it right?

@Echo off
title Win10 App uninstaller
color 0a
mode 100
pause
get-appxpackage BingWeather | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage GetHelp | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage Getstarted | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage Messaging | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage MicrosoftSolitaireCollection | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage MicrosoftStickyNotes | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage MixedReality.Portal | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage Outlook.DesktopIntegrationServices | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage People | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage SkypeApp | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage Wallet | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage WindowsAlarms | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage WindowsCamera | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage windowscommunicationsapps | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage *WindowsFeedbackHub * | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage WindowsMaps | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage Xbox.TCUI | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage XboxApp | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage *XboxGameOverlay * | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage *XboxGamingOverlay * | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage XboxIdentityProvider | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage *XboxSpeechToTextOverlay * | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage YourPhone | remove-appxpackage
get-appxpackage ZuneMusic | remove-appxpackage
pause >nul

gardenman

Splendid
The powershell command to reinstall only ZuneVideo would be:
Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneVideo*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

The get-appxpackage command is not something that you can use in the Command Prompt where batch files are run. (I could be wrong about this and more study is needed.) It's a command that can be used in powershell. So instead of creating a batch file, you should be creating a powershell script as Mandark said.

I'm not too familiar with Powershell scripts. I've never created one until a few minutes ago. When I tried running it, I was denied. I had to set my system up to allow powerscripts to run first (which can be a security risk) by running a Set-ExecutionPolicy command. Warning: Running the command can be a security risk to your system. Since I'm in unexplored territory here, I won't give you the command. You can look it up if you feel it's a risk you want to take.

Afterwards, I placed the following script into Notepad and saved it as RemoveAllButOne.ps1 and ran it inside of powershell.
Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneVideo*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode
To run it, in powershell I typed in the full path where it's located:
C:\Users\Gardenman\Desktop\RemoveAllButOne.ps1

A few websites which may help:

Reference: PowerShell – Running scripts is disabled on this system
https://tecadmin.net/powershell-running-scripts-is-disabled-system/

Reference: 3 Clever PowerShell Functions After Upgrading to Windows 10
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-clever-powershell-functions-upgrading-windows-10/

Reference: See the "Notepad section" in this page.
How to create and run a PowerShell script file on Windows 10
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-and-run-your-first-powershell-script-file-windows-10

Mar 2, 2021
The powershell command to reinstall only ZuneVideo would be:

The get-appxpackage command is not something that you can use in the Command Prompt where batch files are run. (I could be wrong about this and more study is needed.) It's a command that can be used in powershell. So instead of creating a batch file, you should be creating a powershell script as Mandark said.

I'm not too familiar with Powershell scripts. I've never created one until a few minutes ago. When I tried running it, I was denied. I had to set my system up to allow powerscripts to run first (which can be a security risk) by running a Set-ExecutionPolicy command. Warning: Running the command can be a security risk to your system. Since I'm in unexplored territory here, I won't give you the command. You can look it up if you feel it's a risk you want to take.

Afterwards, I placed the following script into Notepad and saved it as RemoveAllButOne.ps1 and ran it inside of powershell.
To run it, in powershell I typed in the full path where it's located:
C:\Users\Gardenman\Desktop\RemoveAllButOne.ps1

A few websites which may help:

Reference: PowerShell – Running scripts is disabled on this system
https://tecadmin.net/powershell-running-scripts-is-disabled-system/

Reference: 3 Clever PowerShell Functions After Upgrading to Windows 10
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-clever-powershell-functions-upgrading-windows-10/

Reference: See the "Notepad section" in this page.
How to create and run a PowerShell script file on Windows 10
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-and-run-your-first-powershell-script-file-windows-10

Thanks to you Sir, i got my movies&tv app back just in one command!
I will try to findout more about powershell scripts.
Thanks for the warning, I had to set my system up to allow powerscripts, so once you allowed it propably there is an option to disallow it afterwards so there wont be any risks, just a guess.

Not that it is important but its intresting to me, what is the diffrence between these 2?
C:\Windows\SystemApps
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Reactions: Colif

gardenman

Splendid
To disable powershell scripts again, you would use the Restricted option. See the first link I provided above.
Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted

By opening a command prompt and using DIR command you can see the contents of the two folders.
dir C:\Windows\SystemApps
dir "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"

Note the quotes around the 2nd one. Or at least I can but I may have changed permissions a little bit here and there. It's hard to tell on my older Windows install but the above 2 commands work for me.

According to the info on this page, the SystemApps folder are apps that are an intergral part of the OS. The WindowsApps are primarily installed from the Windows Store.

Reactions: Colif