Question Need help removing a virus

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
So I unpackaged a zip file that had a virus attached to it, I have a kapersky antivirus and it was able to detect it and neutralize the virus before it could do anything. One of the virus detected tho said it was no longer available. I did not notice any changes to my pc for 2 days already but how do I know that I am completely safe? I also did a maximum security scan and nothing else was detected.

You could always do a system restore to a point a few days/a week prior to the incident/miscreant file in question, although it sounds as though Kaspersky already blocked/prevented any 'malarkey' anyway...

The suspect file would/should be quarantined if it were already downloaded (viewable within Kaspersky by selecting 'More Tools', then the 'Quarantine' tab); if it were blocked outright from being downloaded, it won't show up at all...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Nice answers guy well said. 👌💯 Also did the OP Kapersky buy it or pay for it. Because Microsfot Defender is good enough for real time protection of all virus and malware and spyware and maclicoous attacks. Why would you use Kapsersky as in WIndows 10 if you have real time on a different AV app then Defender get's disabled. Also Microsoft always updates their virus dat files to latest versions always. Maybe not everyday however it ameks up for that with its powerful engine. It will detect stuff that you would think is not a virus but it stops it just to make sure your system doesnt go flop. Anyhow this is why people use MS Defender or Other AV apps to begin with. Thankfully your ok, in the future to make sure when you download something suspect right click on it, or inside winrar click on the file and do a virus scan before opening it. So your fine cheers. 👌💯😷✝

I would be frankly surprised if MS Security ever equals Kaspersky in testing against a wide barrage array of some of the newer threats...

However, as I have used MS Security Suite (formerly known as Defender) without issue, and as I do not go to trash dispensing websites and download every questionable patch and file available from questionable servers, I never had an issue the 12-18 months I used MS Security exclusively...; I just do not remember it ever actually blocking... well, anything. :)

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
What happened tho was when kapersky deleted and quarantined the virus my internet browsers showed an error and I couldnt open any then when I restarted my pc microsoft also showed an error then kapersky showed things that were broken from the windows error which were fixed. Everything is running fine now tho I'm just cautious because there was that microsoft error and maybe there are still traces of the virus.