Question Need Help Replacing Realtek

Jan 7, 2020
I hope I'm on the right page here, Just found this site 3mins ago. I have been going at this all day. all I want is to be able to use my Mic on the headset i paid for, and not the wonkey Mic that comes installed on the laptop. really shouldn't be this hard.

From what I can tell, the problem is that I have Realtek(R) Audio installed. And I need to have a Version of Realtek that will give me the Audio Manager. Because as it sits, I can hear sound with my headset, but everywhere on my laptop acts as tho my Mic does not exist.

I have watched a few hours of Youtube Tuts and read plenty of online solutions, but i cant seem to get anywhere. So Atm, I've downloaded a Realtek installer. But when trying to use this, i get put into an uninstall/install loop. From what i can see, Windows is Reinstalling Realtek(R) Audio Before the application I'm running can install Realtek HD Audio.

I've tried going in to the Device manager, Deleting it myself then running the install, but Windows will always install Realtek(R) I'm lost. I don't care if you're able to help me figure this out, or just give me a software that will allow my laptop to see my Mic. just want my mic is all lol. Using a Dell G3 17 if that helps. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

"I don't care if you're able to help me figure this out ..."
In order to make progress you will need to help us in order to help you. Patience is one factor.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your headset/mic. You will also need to cross reference your laptop's BIOS and the BIOS that's shown on the laptop's support site. If you have updates pending, please gradually work your way up to the latest.

The next step is to state what version of Windows 10 you're working with. We're currently on 1909.

The next thing to look at is whether you're installing the right version of Realtek's audio drivers. If your headset is USB driven then all this running around Realtek is moot since that is responsible for the analog connectors on the laptop, hence why I asked for the make and model of your headset.

Jan 7, 2020
I am using a Razer Kraken, No usb just a plug and go Aux. As far as i can tell everything seems to be up to date, I've been on the Dell website where it found my laptop and told me everything that needed to be updated.