[SOLVED] Need help replacing video card in 8+ year old HP desktop

Jun 20, 2021
I have an HP Pavilion 1360t desktop computer that I bought in 2013, and the fan on the video card that came with it (1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 [HDMI, DVI, VGA via adapter], PCIE x16) has started getting noisy. I cleaned out the dust from inside the computer, but it hasn't really helped, so I figure it will need replacing.

It's been a while since I've shopped for computer parts, so how do I go about deciding on a replacement card, especially for an older computer? My initial thought was to find the exact same card, but I'm not sure if that is best. (I did find a 2GB model on Amazon for $100, and a somewhat similar one on Newegg for $180, but then there are also some no-name cards for $50-60.)

I don't need anything fancy, just something to last a few more years at least. I use this computer as more of a media server, and do watch videos on it regularly. No gaming or much image editing, or anything like that.

Ideally I'd like to spend around $100, but I'm willing to spend a little more if need be. Definitely nothing over $200 though.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Solution
Something like an Nvidia GT 1030 would be good. You can buy a new one for around 100 $.
Just measure the space available in your case, to find a suitable model.
It does not need a power cable from the PSU