Need help selecting parts for a friend

rosieboo

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

My friend asked me to build a gaming pc for him so i quickly added some part.
He said that he does not really care about looks but still tried to get a theme in there.
He does plan to stream that is why there is an i7, but I have not had much experience with the new cpus or ryzen so suggestions are welcome.
His budget is 2500 CAD.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2GkbpG

Thank you

Solution
Streaming will really need either an i7 or 8 core Ryzen CPU to avoid dropped frames, so yes, stick with the i7 if he's an Intel man or an R7 2700X if he's keen on AMD.
The build overall is a really good high end one BTW and it's good to see a quality PSU used, if I were to make any suggestions at all I'd suggest you ask him how much storage he needs to be built into the system: A 500Gb SSD with an external HDD for backup/volume storage might suit him better, me I'm a confirmed HDD hater, it's not until you use a system with no humming HDD in the background that you realise how annoying they are! ;)

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Well, with 2500...... That looks like a good build, and beyond. He has a high enough budget to pretty much go nuts. I'll be honest and say it's overkill, but there is nothing wrong with that. More power right??

Streaming will really need either an i7 or 8 core Ryzen CPU to avoid dropped frames, so yes, stick with the i7 if he's an Intel man or an R7 2700X if he's keen on AMD.
The build overall is a really good high end one BTW and it's good to see a quality PSU used, if I were to make any suggestions at all I'd suggest you ask him how much storage he needs to be built into the system: A 500Gb SSD with an external HDD for backup/volume storage might suit him better, me I'm a confirmed HDD hater, it's not until you use a system with no humming HDD in the background that you realise how annoying they are! ;)

Solution