need help selling pc parts

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
so im going to sell my

RAM: 1x8 ddr3
MOBO: F2A68HM-HD2
CPU: AMD A6-7400K

i need help as in how will i manage to get the most amount of money out of selling these
where should i sell them?
how should i sell them?

Solution
You might get $30 for the motherboard, $30 for the CPU and $10 for your RAM based on SOLD E-Bay listings. There are dozens of that motherboard listed, but about 3 have sold. Trying to find a buyer that wants all of it for $50 - $60 will be your best bet, IMO.

kanewolf

Titan
You might get $30 for the motherboard, $30 for the CPU and $10 for your RAM based on SOLD E-Bay listings. There are dozens of that motherboard listed, but about 3 have sold. Trying to find a buyer that wants all of it for $50 - $60 will be your best bet, IMO.

Solution
Advertise. And as mentioned above...

Best way is to try sell together.... But there's plenty of used hardware out there.

Find local PC Facebook group, post there. Use Craiglist/Kijiji varage sale and so on.
Worst case.... Sell to your family member to use as browser PC ... Not a great thing but family helps out in moments like this.

Personally, I would just give it to my parents or something. It's a lot of trouble to sell hardware like this. But someone will buy it for a cheap price.... But you'll have to wait a long time for any offers (likely)

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018

so if i just leave the ram and cpu on the mobo i could sell it together for like £50-£60
but i what kind of container should i use? because i dont have any of their boxes

kanewolf

Titan

You would want to use an original motherboard anti-static bag (which it should already be in). The box is less important unless you are shipping it. I would say 45 - 50 pounds based on the current exchange rate. But you may not get any buyers. Don't plan on getting a sale. If you do, then it is bonus money.

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018

im just £40 short of getting this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079Y5FSH7/ref=twister_B07BNN4YSR?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
and ill have no use for my old parts anyway so might as well sell them for some extra cash

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018

would 1x8gb ddr4 work well?
because i could buy the no ram combo and find a 1x8 gb ram somewhere

kanewolf

Titan

No, you need two matched DIMMs. Two x 4GB ...