Question Need Help Setting a Foreign Static IP Address

Apr 1, 2019
Hi, I'm new here. I need help on how to get a static IP address set up on my computer without router. I already tried to set it up through the network sharing center by disabling DHCP but this is router dependent as the IP changes whenever I change connections. I have also tried to set it up with Portmap.io and Openvpn. I created an openvpn config with Portmap and connected to the Openvpn network through it. I got an IP address but but that seems to be static, but the problem is, it's still showing within my country.

So I had a answer half typed explaining how IP blocks work in the internet but it is going to be too long.

Short version is you can only get a IP address your ISP assigns to you. They will not assign you one from a different country because it make their network run inefficiently.

I have no idea what you mean OPENVPN network. Openvpn is just one of the methods of building VPN it is not a network itself. You would have to buy a connection to a vpn network. In those cases you make it appear as though you get a IP in a different country but it is not directly assigned to your machine. Almost all VPN providers only give out private ip addresses to the end machine and then share public ip based on the data center you connect to.

This is not a function you are going to get for free you must pay a company to use their vpn network and IP address.