Need help setting up a wap with two wifi cards

jturbo86

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Currently I have terrible wifi service in my place of business and it's killing my data plan on my phone. We have access to public wifi but the signal strength is less than ideal. We have setup a alpha wifi adapter outside but now we like to repeat the signal inside with a router or another wifi adapter amd setup a wap using it. Public wifi---->alpha external wifi adapter----->desktop----->wifi adapter(or router)---->wireless devices

I've tried bridging connections in network settings but it doesn't work. I'm open to feeding a router via Ethernet port on the desk too of that would work. Any hell is appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
First, I would recommend a real outdoor wireless bridge. Get one that uses ethernet cable as the output rather than USB (as the Alpha seems to). That would take the desktop out of your chain.

Get something like the ENS202 from EnGenius. It will bring a standard ethernet cable indoors. You then hook that to a router/access point. I believe you will have a lot less problems.

kanewolf

Titan
First, I would recommend a real outdoor wireless bridge. Get one that uses ethernet cable as the output rather than USB (as the Alpha seems to). That would take the desktop out of your chain.

Get something like the ENS202 from EnGenius. It will bring a standard ethernet cable indoors. You then hook that to a router/access point. I believe you will have a lot less problems.

Solution

jturbo86

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
The wireless connection we are trying to connect to is password protected and we don't have access to the router to configure any settings. Will that be a problem when using this?