jmcorreaa96

Prominent
Sep 26, 2018
Hey everybody. I was hoping I could get some advice on how to set up a water cooler. Basically, I'm trying to figure out if the radiator should be placed on the front of the case, the top, or on the rear.
Some details: The water cooler I bought is a Cooler Master Master liquid LC120e. Link

My PC case has 2 fans pulling air inside the case, and I have 1 exhaust fan on the rear.
Should the radiator be placed on the front, pulling cool air inside the case? If so, do I need to have 2 fans on both ends of the radiator? (I'm guessing one pulls the air outside the case, and the other pushes it inside the case. Correct me if I'm wrong, please)
Or should the radiator be placed on the rear acting as an exhaust fan?
I have tried to look this up on YouTube and the Internet, but I haven't had any luck. I'm not particularly an expert on hardware, so I hope I could get some answers.

BTW, I have 2 extra fans I could put in my rig. Just FYI if needed.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
If you're case has the room, since it's a 120mm I would put it in the front at the top if you still have room for the second fan underneath it.That way your video card will still get cool air while the radiator does the same. In the rear it would be getting the heat from the video card pull through it. 2 fans on the radiator isn't generally necessary but it also depends on the specs of the PC and how far you are trying to push it.