Question Need help, slow boot.

Jan 25, 2020
so I just finished my pc build. The thing that confused me is why my system boot very slow. Every time I pressed the power button, the only thing that turned on is only the component inside the PC but it didn't send a signal to the monitor and other peripherals for like 10 seconds then the boot logo popped out and the system just boot normally.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 3700x
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 2070 windforce
SSD: WD blue m.2 500 gb
RAM: Gskill trident z rgb cl 16
psu: Corsair sf600
Mobo: Asus Rog B450-i

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Could just be the stystem going through the POST routine.
Sometimes my Samsung monitors don't detect a signal until the BIOS splash screen appears.
As long as its not taking an age to boot after the BIOS screen then I would say all is fine.
Total boot time is what's important for me, not how quick each part of the boot is.
If its overall longer then 30 seconds with that hardware then yeah, I would suspect a minor issue.

Jan 25, 2020
Could just be the stystem going through the POST routine.
Sometimes my Samsung monitors don't detect a signal until the BIOS splash screen appears.
As long as its not taking an age to boot after the BIOS screen then I would say all is fine.
Total boot time is what's important for me, not how quick each part of the boot is.
If its overall longer then 30 seconds with that hardware then yeah, I would suspect a minor issue.
Is there any way to turn off the POST routine or nah? also its not only my monitor, but my keyboard and mouse didn't turn the light on for couple seconds after i pressed the power button. My total boot time i checked from task manager was around 15 seconds.