Need help sorting out a dual monitor set up

eddystoner15

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
so i got a new monitor today and im trying to set it up so one is for games and another is to talk to friends and browse steam and the internet for guides. so right now i have it set up in eyefinity (amd r9 270x). have them both running from hdmi (one from the actual hdmi the other from a dvi-i - hdmi dongle). im running 3840 x 1080p. but when i start a game it spreads it out across both screen since its in eye fininity and with 2 monitors it looks stupid because of the bezels from just 2 screens. im thinking eye finity isnt the way to go. what i basically want is a twitch streaming set up. i play my game on one but with a simple command like CTRL + D i can unlock my game screen then move my mouse over and chat with my friends or look up my guide then move my mouse back to my gamer and click back in. i know its possible since i watched videos of streamers set ups but they never said how to actually do it. ANY help would be great thanks.

Solution
Forget about eyefinity. Just extend your screen onto the other monitor. That's how YouTubers and streamers do it. Eyefinity is made to do exactly what it's doing: spread the game across the screens. Extending the screens is what most people do.
Forget about eyefinity. Just extend your screen onto the other monitor. That's how YouTubers and streamers do it. Eyefinity is made to do exactly what it's doing: spread the game across the screens. Extending the screens is what most people do.

Solution

eddystoner15

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

yea i disabled it now and after playing around in settings a little more i managed to get it. but now i just need to worry about the game "locking" in a way so my mouse doesn't fly off. would you have any idea how to do that?