[SOLVED] Need Help - Stuck in ibuypower hell

Dec 28, 2021
Hi I am reaching out for some advice and help regarding a new custom build I received from ibuypower.

The pc arrived with some shipping damage and long story short the motherboard is damaged. I am able to power on and use the pc but the integrated wlan/wifi is dead. I contacted ibp yesterday and they recommended a motherboard replacement although I am not excited to mail the pc back and forth given past problems. I asked for them to send me a replacement motherboard and they will not unless I send the whole pc back.

I am considering just purchasing a new motherboard and doing the install myself. However I am a bit nervous on what motherboard to buy given this is a windows 11 os. Can anyone help? Below is the system details. Thanks

ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor (6X 3.7GHz/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 (RGB LED)
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
MotherboardASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES - WiFi, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 3 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2)
Power Supply800 Watt - 80 PLUS Gold Certified
Advanced Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables
Primary Storage1TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 2400MB/s; Write: 1950MB/s
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home - (64-bit)

Solution
Changing the motherboard will completely invalidate the already crappy warranty.

Brand new thing....return and get your money back.
Buy something else.