Question Need help & support regarding a debloated Windows 10 Pro for gaming only.

hicks451

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Hi all,

I am just about to put together my new gaming PC but I would like to install it with a de-bloated Windows 10 Pro ISO and was hoping if some of the good folk at tom'sHardware would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. I have a legit version of W10 Pro with licence but want to know the best way to create a de-bloated version for gaming only and whether to use NtLite or other programes that are legit so I can use that for my new build rather than the default version that is far to bloated for what I want for my build. Any help & advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

hicks451

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
please advise if de-bloating a ISO is against the rules so I can remove post asap. I am new to this so still learning so apologies in advance if you are not allowed to post on this subject. Many thanks

hicks451

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I would like to add that the two main programs I am most concerned about is the (remote access & subsystem to lynux programs) as well as anything that is not needed to prevent hackers from bogging your system down with clipboard hacks plus bloatware apps that i will never use. I have unfortunately been the target by a group of players on a online game from a very famous scfi franchise so I am hoping to limit their chances of continuing to openly attack me as they have in the past.

Colif

Win 11 Master
subsystem for linux isn't installed by default in 10, you would have to run a command for it be included. Its probably on the image but not installed.

You can probably disable remote access after install -
  • Click the Windows Start button and type "Allow Remote Access to your computer". This will quickly search for the remote settings dialog box of the System Properties.
  • Make sure "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer" is unchecked.
  • Select "Don't allow remove connections to this computer" under the Remote Desktop section and then click OK.
http://ssg.cs.ucdavis.edu/services/security/disabling-rdp-in-windows

Reactions: hicks451

hicks451

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
All done colif. thank you kindly for your help and I will make sure to do this in the future on my build. Apologies for the late reply. Colif is there a way to find out if subsystem to Lynux has been enabled? The reason I ask Is because my attackers have been using the gameclient to bypass my security and they know what they are doing so I would like to be able to see if they have somehow enabled it. Like I said they have been attacking me for some time now and I know they have gained some control over certain aspects of my system so anything I can do to limit their access would be a great help. Thanks again for taking the time to educate me on certain settings!!! Hicks 👍✌️👌

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
The reason I ask Is because my attackers have been using the gameclient to bypass my security and they know what they are doing so I would like to be able to see if they have somehow enabled it.
What anti virus do you use? If defender, you might want to think about using something like Bitdefender Free which have stronger protections than what defender has now. It might stop them getting onto your system.

You need to run a command in Command Prompt to install the linux thing so its unlikely to be on by default now.

Reactions: hicks451

hicks451

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
What anti virus do you use? If defender, you might want to think about using something like Bitdefender Free which have stronger protections than what defender has now. It might stop them getting onto your system.

You need to run a command in Command Prompt to install the linux thing so its unlikely to be on by default now.
Apologies for the late reply Colif. Yes I am using just defender plus using my own rules on the Windows firewall. I will defo check out bit defender free. I do believe they have easy access as they are some times affecting certain programs at will and I also believe they may have infected the motherboard because every time they attack me and lock me out of certain system functions I try to wipe the HD with active kill disk full and clear every partition on a multiple sweeps per partition setting that normally takes anything up to eight plus hours but when I finally get to do a fresh clean Windows 10 Pro install I seem to get infected again as soon as the PC resets itself just before the welcome to Windows 10 part of the install so I can only assume the HD gets infected again before it completely finishes the setup process and it takes you to the desk top. I also know it's a group within the top tier of the game who are also linked to certain Devs and staff so this is not your typical random attack and is a more direct and pre planned attack. Well thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated!!! All the best Colif ✌️👍