[SOLVED] Need help: System freezes and restarts

atinesh.s

Commendable
Nov 11, 2018
Hello guys, My system worked without any problem from past 1 year but today I have observed unusual behaviour it freezes and restarts after few minutes. I tried restarting the system multiple times but problem persists. I thought it is an OS problem, so I booted system with another OS installed on different hard drive i.e. windows 10 (I have installed Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10 in 2 separate SSDs) but in windows also same problem persists. Hence I believe it is some hardware issue.

I am not sure how can I troubleshoot. Can anyone tell me how can I find the culprit component.

My system configuration

Reactions: atinesh.s

atinesh.s

Commendable
Nov 11, 2018
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (₹10008.00 @ Newegg India)
Total: ₹10008.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-23 18:59 IST+0530

Does changing PSU will solve my problem ?

I troubleshooted to see if it’s RAM issue, I tried swapping out RAM sticks and ran Heaven Benchmark (extreme setting at 1080p) but it crashes in between. So I believe RAM are not the issue or both RAM stick are damaged.

While running Heaven Benchmark I observed below stats for CPU and GPU which seems ok to me
GPU: 66 °c (max) Usage 99% (avg)
CPU: 50 °c (max)

Does changing PSU will solve my problem ?

I troubleshooted to see if it’s RAM issue, I tried swapping out RAM sticks and ran Heaven Benchmark (extreme setting at 1080p) but it crashes in between. So I believe RAM are not the issue or both RAM stick are damaged.

While running Heaven Benchmark I observed below stats for CPU and GPU which seems ok to me
GPU: 66 °c (max) Usage 99% (avg)
CPU: 50 °c (max)
I think replacing the PSU will solve your problem. I'm not an expert but I did work in tech support a few years and pc repair for a few years.

If you want to be sure before you spend money you would have to borrow a known good working PSU from somewhere to test.

atinesh.s

Commendable
Nov 11, 2018
I think replacing the PSU will solve your problem. I'm not an expert but I did work in tech support a few years and pc repair for a few years.

If you want to be sure before you spend money you would have to borrow a known good working PSU from somewhere to test.
I think I should take it to local repair shop to see If they find the problem, PSU I will upgrade anyway as you suggested.