Question NEED HELP, System is insanely laggy and unresponsive.

Juice_Stain

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
I recently put on a new thermal paste on my CPU and GPU. All I did was take off my AIO block and the GPU block and replaced the thermal paste. Now when I boot my PC it is almost completely unresponsive and insanely laggy. I have already gone into the bios to check thermals and my CPU reads at a cool 27-30 degrees C depending on how long I'm in the bios. I have cleared the CMOS twice with no result change I am out of ideas minus bringing it to a computer shop. My Pc was running fine minus I knew my GPU and CPU temps at idle were higher from when I first built it. Also when I load into my log-in screen for windows it takes a good 5 mins for the screen to scroll up to actually log in(you can see it stuttering frame by frame). I can't load any temp programs when it logs in. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

I built my PC back in 2017 with :
I5-6600k (was OC but cleared CMOS so its stock now)
ASUS Z170-A MB
Corsair 4x4 Vengeance ram
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC

I recently put on a new thermal paste on my CPU and GPU. All I did was take off my AIO block and the GPU block and replaced the thermal paste. Now when I boot my PC it is almost completely unresponsive and insanely laggy. I have already gone into the bios to check thermals and my CPU reads at a cool 27-30 degrees C depending on how long I'm in the bios. I have cleared the CMOS twice with no result change I am out of ideas minus bringing it to a computer shop. My Pc was running fine minus I knew my GPU and CPU temps at idle were higher from when I first built it. Also when I load into my log-in screen for windows it takes a good 5 mins for the screen to scroll up to actually log in(you can see it stuttering frame by frame). I can't load any temp programs when it logs in. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

I built my PC back in 2017 with :
I5-6600k (was OC but cleared CMOS so its stock now)
ASUS Z170-A MB
Corsair 4x4 Vengeance ram
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC
Perhaps you bumped something.
Try reseating ALL cables.