need help to build a new cpu around 700 to 800$

kradkarm

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
hello guys

need help with building as this is my first buying im looking to play games like dragon age 3, nba2k16, xcom2,etc. with the next 5 to 6 years as long as it can play future games i dont mind playing in low to medium setting in future games as performance is more important to me than graphics but ill treat it as a bonus if i can play in high setting is intel core i5 6500 good enough for the next 5 or 7 years or should i go intel i7 6700 with lower video card? also i dont like the idea of overlocking so i prefer not to.

thanks in advance guys

also this is where im planning to buy
http://dynaquestpc.com/product-category/computers/desktop-pc-cpu/intel-desktop-pc-cpu/

Solution

Samat

Distinguished
Definitely i5 6500 over i7 6700 for gaming, you gain a lot more from the better gpu. Consoles will propably keep dictating games development so i5 6500 should last for years. You could propably do with a Intel B150 based motherboard or even a H110 based one on a pinch. I'd recommend 16GB RAM, but since you are on a budget 8GB should suffice for quite a while.

Here's an example build with pcpartpicker, I didn't put in a graphics card in it but Radeon RX480 gets released in a few days and should fit your budget and beat any other offerings at around 200$ range.

kradkarm

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

oh thanks samat for the advice is there a big difference between b150 and b110? i actually prefer nvidia is gtx 960 be competitive with the upcoming rx480?

Samat

Distinguished

Official reviews of RX480 should come out on 29th (that's when the NDA lifts), but there are some leaked results already which puts it around GTX 980 performance. So no, Nvidia GTX 960 can't compete with it. H110 has only 2 memory slots, 4 max USB 3 and some other dfferences. You can check all the differences between chipsets at Wikipedia's LGA 1151 page.

Solution

kradkarm

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

i just researched it now the reason why i like gtx better is because of power consumption and since radeon 480rx will match that and will be a better value i will check it out first and thanks alot this helps me alot , good thing i asked first i didnt know something like this will be released soon thanks again

and here is the build im planning based on your advice and which i can only find here in our country
cpu: i5 6500
motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151
memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400
casing: NZXT Phantom 410

psu and harddrive and maybe an extra cooler just to be sure ill decide later when they release 480rx

im willing to pay extra more upto 900$ or maybe 1k$ and price is not really a problem i just dont want to waste much more just to get a little bit much more graphics or an unnoticeable fps so if that will be enough for the next 5 upto 7 years on medium or low setting then that's good enough for me if you have more advice based on the build i would appreciate it you already helped me alot today thanks man