Mar 29, 2020
Hello, I'm trouble looking for a gaming laptop. And was hoping someone could enlightening me.
I've been searching for quite a while, and looked Youtube reviews.

The Computers i has chosen for now are:
Asus Strix Scar III: Intel i7-9750H, 32GB Ram DDR4, RTX 2070, 17,3" 240hz, 1024 GB SSD, [$2950/€2680]
Razer Blade Pro: Intel i7-9750H, 16GB Ram DDR4, RTX 2070, 17,3" 144hz, 512 GB SSD. [$2800/€2545]

On Paper the Asus sounds better, but has features which i don't need like the Keystone (as non of my friends has a Strix Scar III)
So are there any other gaming computers which run better in the same price range?
If you has to choose between either of those two, which one is better?

I like the simple design the Razer has, but that Asus has "more/better" Specs tells me to go with that one?
But i also like the lightning feature the Asus has. But in reviews they say the Asus are primary made of Plastic and not much/non aluminium.

Some has told me NOT TO get an MSI gaming laptop.
I've also looked at Acer... though, i personally don't like Acer.
RTX 2080 (with or without Max-Q) is in a very heave price in my country, would love for any of the 2 i like to have it, but the Razer is almost $4000 (€3600), and cannot find the Asus with 32GB and 17" - to have RTX 2080.

They are both on sale in my country to relatively under $3000 (€2700) Right now.
ATT: I live in Denmark, so the selective of gaming laptops are a bit slim. But feel free to still recommend other.

PLEASE MAKE UP MY MIND! - thanks for any comments or readers. would really prefer to get some help sooner or later thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
This isn't really my field, but figured I'd give my 2 cents anyway...
From the specs you've provided, the Asus model is not better, but has some unnecessary features and you're paying extra for those.
-no one really needs 32GBs for a gaming ONLY system at the moment
-you normally will not see 240fps in game unless all you play are older games, or strictly play CSGO or something similar.

The RBP is really screwing you on just a 512GB storage drive. It won't take long to fill that up...

I don't think brand matters all that much, nor should it take priority. They all have their ups and downs, can make junk, can make smash hits, etc... everyone's experience with the different companies will vary.

At the end of it all, the Public Enemy of...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This isn't really my field, but figured I'd give my 2 cents anyway...
From the specs you've provided, the Asus model is not better, but has some unnecessary features and you're paying extra for those.
-no one really needs 32GBs for a gaming ONLY system at the moment
-you normally will not see 240fps in game unless all you play are older games, or strictly play CSGO or something similar.

The RBP is really screwing you on just a 512GB storage drive. It won't take long to fill that up...

I don't think brand matters all that much, nor should it take priority. They all have their ups and downs, can make junk, can make smash hits, etc... everyone's experience with the different companies will vary.

At the end of it all, the Public Enemy of gaming laptops is not the company, but the TEMPS.
Even on models that were well received, some people find those same models overheating and throttling after just a few months of use? What could've changed?

Manufacturers have reached the limit of what they can cram into what was originally intended to be small and portable.
High end gaming laptops require bigger and beefier cooling solutions - that makes them heavier and more expensive on top of everything else the company added to it.

I strongly recommend getting a cooling pad alongside whatever model you finally decide on.
Also, it won't be unusual to have cpu and gpu temps over 85C under loads. Due to the space restrictions of a laptop, it's heatsink is SHARED between the 2 devices.

Solution