[SOLVED] Need help to extract and unzip z7 files on my ipad

Apr 7, 2020
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum section, I honestly have no idea what I’m doing, but admin, please move to a more suitable section of the forums if possible, thanks.

Maybe I’m just stupid or something but I can’t seem to open any files that are packed in a “z7” file.. I’m not very technical and I find all computer related <Mod Edit> soo boring and hard to understand. Can anyone please help me with this probably stupid and easy fixed problem that I can’t seem to figure out.

Ok so first of all I’m using my iPad right now so I’m on iOS 13 I think, if that information is useful for you to help me.I have this good rated zip file extractor app installed that can unzip .rar files and .zip files perfectly. But as soon as I try to download a z7 file that I need I download it super fast and is always the same file size for some reason, 107.0 Byte. The files I’m trying to download is encrypted and needs password to access if that changes any5ing, btw. The file I’m trying to download is now showing that it can be opened with a program of my choice.
I select open with “zip extractor” and the z7 file shows up in my zip extractor. I click on the folder and “extract”, here either one or two things happens.. sometimes it just says “opened” but a new folder for me to unzip is not created, atleast not where I want it to be created so I can unzip that file with a password.
If it actually creates a file that can be unzipped anywhere else on my iPad, that location should be really full from those files cuz I’ve extracted the same files over and over many times lol. If that is the case, there are hundreds files waiting to be unzipped,somewhere else on my iPad, now how do I figure out where that location might be?

OR The other thing that usually happens when I extract a z7 file is that it can sometimes create a whole new normal folder from the z7 file, the new folder is created in the unzip app btw, it has the same name as the z7 file, but it always comes with a error message saying “file is not valid RAR archive” What am I doing wrong anyone?

Also, why is all z7 file sizes 107.0 Byte? And why does it download super fast compared to .rar files for that can take up to 10 mins to Download depending on the file size, I feel like I’m missing some key information about what a z7 file is and how it works. Any help is appreciated!again sorry if there is a better suited form section for these kins of questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The file size: 107.0 Bytes?

Not 107 KB or 107MB?

If downloading superfast and the file size is only 107 Bytes then the full file is not downloading. The download may be some link to the actual file.

What is the source website?

What zip file extractors are you using?

As for the destination/target folder for the downloads if you have not or if the app(s) you are using have not changed the defaults then the default folder is where you will find the missing files.

However, you will need to explore your iPad to discover the location.

The following link should prove helpful:

https://www.howtogeek.com/440633/ how-to-download-files-using-safari-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/

Ralston18

Titan
The file size: 107.0 Bytes?

Not 107 KB or 107MB?

If downloading superfast and the file size is only 107 Bytes then the full file is not downloading. The download may be some link to the actual file.

What is the source website?

What zip file extractors are you using?

As for the destination/target folder for the downloads if you have not or if the app(s) you are using have not changed the defaults then the default folder is where you will find the missing files.

However, you will need to explore your iPad to discover the location.

The following link should prove helpful:

https://www.howtogeek.com/440633/ how-to-download-files-using-safari-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/

Solution