[SOLVED] Need Help to Recover my data from my External HDD

dr.strango

Prominent
Jul 1, 2020
Hey All,

I happened to buy an External Hard Drive(Transcend 1TB USB 3.1 Gen 1 StoreJet 25M3S SJ25M3S Rugged External Hard Drive) from a local dealer a year back. I have not used that drive that much, sparsely 10-15 times till date. I just used it to backup my photos and stuffs from my phone in that hard drive. And i don't have any other backups. . Yesterday when i tried to connect that Drive, it suddenly says "You Need to Format the disk in drive before you can use it". I am scared af right now. I tried to reconnect it few times but it doesn't work and says the same thing. Another thing, i have never mishandled my device ever and yes it has not fallen off from anywhere.

Have anyone ever had faced a similar issue previously ? If yes, then please help me get out of this mess. I just don't want to lose any of my data.

P.S. I just researched a bit about this HDD in amazon and it doesn't have much good reviews so please show me a ray of hope anyone.

Thanks in advance !!!

Amazon Link of the External HDD: https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-TS1TSJ25M3S-Information-StoreJet-External/dp/B07B4CJ4KS?th=1

Solution
If you are interested in recovering the pictures etc and it's not working through the USB then you'll need to remove the drive from the case. Be careful though.
I gave up using HDDs in internal or external drives - I lost too many videos etc.
I recommend changing to an SSD based external drive when you can.

dr.strango

Prominent
Jul 1, 2020
@SteveRX4 : I could try that but i don't see any opening actually. No screws seen . So, need to refer google once and see if i can do that .

@USAFRet : Hey, i know i should have kept some more backups but i don't think this is the right time to discuss such things. I would rather welcome a generous suggestion rather than such rants atm. Thanks.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
If you are interested in recovering the pictures etc and it's not working through the USB then you'll need to remove the drive from the case. Be careful though.
I gave up using HDDs in internal or external drives - I lost too many videos etc.
I recommend changing to an SSD based external drive when you can.

Solution