[SOLVED] Need help to unlock 144hz regarding monitor!

Mar 18, 2019
Good day!

I have this laptop, "ACER VX15 (i7 1050ti variant), and a newly bought Monitor (SPECTERPRO XT24NS 144hz).

Problem is, the monitor is only capable of HDMI and Display Port.
While my laptop only has HDMI (1.4 i think)

The maximum refresh rate i can set for now is 120hz, is there an actual way for me to select 144hz?

Thank you very much and i hope there's still some chance for me to use 144hz!

Solution
I can't find manual for this monitor to determine what refresh rate it's Hdmi port is limited to. Hdmi 1.4 is capable of higher Hz albeit is a manufacturer choice to include the ability. Since you're unable to set higher than 60Hz using Hdmi means this monitor requires Dual Link DVI or Displayport. Might be able to get away with Hdmi to Displayport adapter but would be limited to 120Hz.

See section 3.4

---

Alternative solution would be to use UsbC to Displayport. Need to look through your laptop's manual for information if UsbC delivers video. Not all laptops with UsbC offer this feature. If laptop's UsbC is capable of video then a simple UsbC...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I can't find manual for this monitor to determine what refresh rate it's Hdmi port is limited to. Hdmi 1.4 is capable of higher Hz albeit is a manufacturer choice to include the ability. Since you're unable to set higher than 60Hz using Hdmi means this monitor requires Dual Link DVI or Displayport. Might be able to get away with Hdmi to Displayport adapter but would be limited to 120Hz.

See section 3.4

---

Alternative solution would be to use UsbC to Displayport. Need to look through your laptop's manual for information if UsbC delivers video. Not all laptops with UsbC offer this feature. If laptop's UsbC is capable of video then a simple UsbC to Displayport cable will work at 144Hz.

See section 3.4.3

Solution
Mar 18, 2019

See section 3.4

---

Alternative solution would be to use UsbC to Displayport. Need to look through your laptop's manual for information if UsbC delivers video. Not all laptops with UsbC offer this feature. If laptop's UsbC is capable of video then a simple UsbC to Displayport cable will work at 144Hz.

See section 3.4.3

Thank you very much! I will check and try. 'cause as of now through HDMI, i'm able to reach 120hz. God bless!