[SOLVED] NEED HELP! Troubleshooting my graphics drivers ended up going on a rabbit hole

Jan 14, 2022
I really need help! I was having issues with my HP Omen 15 laptop. The display wasn't showing, but I was able to use an external monitor, and I was able to check if the drivers were installed. But while I was messing with the drivers, I disabled the NVIDIA graphics and literally disabled the only thing that was helping me connect to an external monitor.

Now, I already did these steps:

-Disconnected the battery to reset the BIOS.
-Disconnected the monitor to make it think there are no other monitors, to see if I could make it understand that needs to enable the graphics.

Please help! And thank you.

Solution
Hey there,

You might try restarting the laptop in safe mode with/without the external monitor hooked up.

You can get into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly once the power is back on the laptop and see it shows one or other of the screens. This may allow you your system to re-install the device.
Hey there,

You might try restarting the laptop in safe mode with/without the external monitor hooked up.

You can get into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly once the power is back on the laptop and see it shows one or other of the screens. This may allow you your system to re-install the device.

Solution
Jan 14, 2022
Hey there,

I will try this, thanks.