[SOLVED] Need help troubleshooting new custom build --- monitor shows “No Signal” ?

Feb 18, 2021
First off, I read the entire “No POST”, “system won’t boot”, and “No video output” Troubleshooting checklist.

I did everything I could from it, details and results below.

Anyway.

I’m having problems with a custom-build PC I recently ordered and received from Cyberpower. It was pre-put together and pre-wired, so I’ve just pulled it out of the box, so to speak.

The problem: "No Signal" message on my monitor after turn the system on. This is a different ‘No Signal’ than if there’s nothing plugged in.

When I hit power, lights turn on, status signals cycle, fans start and everything seems good.
But, then it stops at a White light (indicating problem with VGC), and status code 62 (Installation of PCH Run Time Services) Not totally sure what this means, but google-fu tells me its also a gc error.

And I have No Signal.

—————

Here is a list of it’s specs:

• CyberPowerPC MAGNUS Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ Both Side Tempered Glass Window Panels [-69]

• CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X 3.7GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Total Cache 65W Processor [-140]

• CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Case Fans

• FAN: Corsair Hydro iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+48]

• HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3300 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 600/550k [+125] (Single Drive)

• IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)

• MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Crucial Ballistix Sport)

• MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING ATX w/ WiFi 6, RGB, Intel LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+207]

• NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

• OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]

• POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

• SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

• VIDEO: EVGA GeForce RTX™ 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] [+106] (Single Card)
—————————-
What I have tried:

Re-seat graphics card. Disconnected, reconnected.
No Ram: No beeps? (maybe no on-board speaker?)
One Ram: AA (All good? Mobo handbook directs to a table of ACPI/ASL codes, again, google-fu’ed), but still no picture
Different RAM slots
Confirmed RAM via manual
No graphics, hdmi directly to mobo
Monitor good
Cable good-Tried HDMI and Displayport

Have not tried:
Stripping it down to just bare essentials.
Reason: poor ESD workspace, afraid of breaking something. Unsure of/no system speaker for T/S.
Different PCI slot. Reason: This gpu is a monstah. Eyeballing it at two inches thick.
It doesn’t fit a lower slot.
System speaker: Because of my location, Amazon takes 3+ Weeks for delivery, and it’s gets worse from there from elsewhere.

BIOS flashback. Reason: Probably my next step. This or
CMOS clear. Reason: Poor ESD workspace, and a poor understanding of what this is, how to do it safely, and if it will work.

Suspect: Mobo

Unknown quantity: Powersupply (However considered unlikely), Drivers, system configurations, operating system
I don’t know what’s been loaded, and I can’t access the BIOS for settings.

I’m kind of at my wit’s end, and I wanted to ask around before I did anything drastic. Or before I began a long, slow, fruitless battle with their customer service.

Thank you for your help, if you have questions or want me to run anything, or pictures, please ask. As of right now, I have a really expensive hunk of junk instead of a Dream Machine sitting in my room.

Oh, and if anyone mentions turning it on and off again, or to turn the monitor on, or to make sure cables are connected, I will scream. Loudly.

I’ll do it. Don’t think I won’t.

(My job is troubleshooting electronics. While very different from PCs, the principles are the same. I’m familiar with this.)

Last edited:
Solution
You have a brand new machine that doesn't work.

I know you don't want to hear it, but you need to contact the vendors support team and let them take it back if they can't resolve it over the phone.

Be very careful about what steps you're taking to troubleshoot as any one of them may void any warranty you have.

I know you don't want to hear it, but you need to contact the vendors support team and let them take it back if they can't resolve it over the phone.

Be very careful about what steps you're taking to troubleshoot as any one of them may void any warranty you have.

Solution
Feb 18, 2021

I hadn’t actually considered that. Fortunately most of what I did was already something they had in their own troubleshooting guide.

Which, mind you, was hot garbage, and eventually just linked to Dell’s own help guide.

Feb 18, 2021
contact cypberpower
next time get a good psu

Your comment bothered me, first because it was in the vein of "lol just do x" which is decidedly unhelpful.

Shame on you, moderator.

Second, because, the description of the PSU was very generic, and had no brand name. The box says APEVIA, but branding can be misleading. So I did some deeper research.

Here is the ClearResult page, with the 80 gold certification, and other stats stats.

I note that is was, indeed, manufactured by APEVIA. Doing some research on them pulls almost nada. Damn near a ghost, just some Reddit posts going this way and that on public opinion. But, the cert is legit, and while it may be a low-quality generic-as-[watch your language] psu that I will almost certainty want to replace, it seems less and less likely that it is the culprit. Fans work, things turn on.

I'll reiterate this: shame on you for holding the title of 'moderator' and posting this reply. People like you give communities like this a bad name.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgd1101

Don't
and https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/apevia-turbolink-atx-tl450w-bk-power-supply-review/

Not going to sign in just to lookup whatever you have in sharepoint

and the gold is useless if they don't test continuous load. it only test power efficiency

just searching on this forum

but hey, if you like the psu. keep it

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021
and https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/apevia-turbolink-atx-tl450w-bk-power-supply-review/

Not going to sign in just to lookup whatever you have in sharepoint

and the gold is useless if they don't test continuous load. it only test power efficiency

maybe you should do more research

That is a different make and model entirely. Mine is a atx-pr1000w.

It's not unusual for quality to vary between units from one company. It could be anything from different choices in materials to different sub-contracted companies.

And, the fact that you didn't even bother to look is just...sad.

Nevertheless, I would be remiss to not consider your evidence. I'm not sure how to find out the results of continuous load test. I don't have the capability to perform one myself, and if you can find one, I'd be grateful.

Also, I see that the name can be misleading, as saying 1000w doesn't necessarily mean it's rated for that. Still, the rated output power on the certificate is listed as 1000 watts, so unless they lied, it has the potential.

But all this is academic. You, as a mod, have been, petty, rude, and passive aggressive to a new user. That's not the type of impression you should give off. I should know, I did the same elsewhere and got in trouble for it. All I'm saying now, is don't be like that. If you have a point, support it with evidence and don't start trying to one-up the other person with phrases like "maybe you should do more research". I clearly did my research, and if I missed something then you can and should point it out, but in a respectful manner.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
It's not unusual for quality to vary between units from one company. It could be anything from different choices in materials to different sub-contracted companies.

APEVIA is a known poor quality brand. They have not ever made a good PSU, ever. There is no need to research a specific unit. Cyberpower is known for using the lowest bottom of the barrel parts, and the fact they used an APEVIA is not surprising. But still for the heck of it I researched yours and found no instrumented tests of it. However the fact that PSU goes for $75 on the normal market when any other known good brand 1000w PSU goes for double or more should tell you all you need to know.

Still in the end all this doesn't matter its clear you've heeded the advice to go back to Cyberpower with it. And we would suggest if they are going to replace your system you opt for a PSU upgrade to a better brand. A good quality 750w unit is more than enough, you do not need 1000w.

Feb 18, 2021
APEVIA is a known poor quality brand. They have not ever made a good PSU, ever. There is no need to research a specific unit. Cyberpower is known for using the lowest bottom of the barrel parts, and the fact they used an APEVIA is not surprising. But still for the heck of it I researched yours and found no instrumented tests of it. However the fact that PSU goes for $75 on the normal market when any other known good brand 1000w PSU goes for double or more should tell you all you need to know.

Still in the end all this doesn't matter its clear you've heeded the advice to go back to Cyberpower with it. And we would suggest if they are going to replace your system you opt for a PSU upgrade to a better brand. A good quality 750w unit is more than enough, you do not need 1000w.

This is sound advice and good reasoning. Thank you. Its clear to me that I made a new buyer's mistake.

I'll ask around the people to see I know if I can borrow a PSU to swap in, while I run through the ticket I placed with Cyberpower.

Do you think I can trust the rest of the branded parts, or are they suspect as well?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
This is sound advice and good reasoning. Thank you. Its clear to me that I made a new buyer's mistake.

I'll ask around the people to see I know if I can borrow a PSU to swap in, while I run through the ticket I placed with Cyberpower.

Do you think I can trust the rest of the branded parts, or are they suspect as well?

I wouldn't swap the PSU in. TBH I would not touch it, they sent you a completely non functional PC, which you paid for, and so thats what you should get, and if you start to swap parts you risk them turning around and denying your return or warranty.

I think the other parts are fine, however even the best equipment cannot overcome being assembled poorly, using a poor PSU, etc. Right now unfortunately Cyberpower is one of the few ways you can even affordably and expeditiously build a system like you have. GPUs are near impossible to come by.

Feb 18, 2021
I wouldn't swap the PSU in. TBH I would not touch it, they sent you a completely non functional PC, which you paid for, and so thats what you should get, and if you start to swap parts you risk them turning around and denying your return or warranty.

I think the other parts are fine, however even the best equipment cannot overcome being assembled poorly, using a poor PSU, etc. Right now unfortunately Cyberpower is one of the few ways you can even affordably and expeditiously build a system like you have. GPUs are near impossible to come by.

long sigh

I know. That GPU is sole reason why I went the way I did.

I won't touch the PSU then, and instead, see if I can figure something out with Cyberpower.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
long sigh

I know. That GPU is sole reason why I went the way I did.

I won't touch the PSU then, and instead, see if I can figure something out with Cyberpower.

Good call, trust me patience, while tough in this case, goes a long way. Unfortunately with parts being hard to find, and Cyberpower being a slightly shady company, you really want to have all your ducks in a row.

Its a catch 22 right now. You can't build yourself, because you can't get parts, but then you buy from Cyberpower and have issues you can't mess with it or they may screw you so then you have parts, that don't work.