[SOLVED] Need help troubleshooting why I am experiencing gpu artifacting

Jul 24, 2021
Specs are:
HP Omen Laptop
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz.
Nvidia Geforce 1660Ti.
It started happening when I launched red dead online a few days ago. Appearing on the screen were tiny red and green flashing pixels during gameplay and cutscenes. I tried playing some other games and it seems to only be happening with ones that are very intensive. Same thing happens within 30 mins of game time on Forza horizon 4. I have a Omen desktop that is much older and has no problems with these games. I'm not quite sure what exactly I need to tweak in order to prevent it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Solution
crank the fans up, do not game without the fans up... your memory is articfacting due to heat... find a better place to sit the laptop down, also... consider a cooling pad/dock, maybe your model of laptop has bad cooling!
Jul 24, 2021
crank the fans up, do not game without the fans up... your memory is articfacting due to heat... find a better place to sit the laptop down, also... consider a cooling pad/dock, maybe your model of laptop has bad cooling!
Thank you! Have I done permanent damage or will it continue to be okay if I keep it cool? Btw I had the fan on auto setting. Just switched it to max.

Thank you! Have I done permanent damage or will it continue to be okay if I keep it cool? Btw I had the fan on auto setting. Just switched it to max.
Well if you've done damage you'd see it every day all the time, you've done some damage, but nothing that is gonna last, if it was permanent you'd see those artifacts all day long.. The mem has degraded, but if precaution is taken it will last until you get tired of gaming and dump it on someone else.