[SOLVED] Need help troublshooting

Jul 14, 2021
My PC has been randomly restarting the past couple weeks. Doesn't matter if it's been running for 5 minutes or 5 hours. could be sitting idle or playing an intensive game. CPU is not getting above 65 degrees Celcius. I initially thought it was the power supply, so I replaced it with a new one and the issue persisted. I ran memtest86 and the RAM tested out fine. GPU temperatures are normal. I replaced the motherboard, CPU, and case (not only for this reason, just wanted the upgrade anyway) and just got it put back together and the problem persists. I ran power to an outlet in another room to make sure it's not the outlet also. What is the next likely culprit? Doesn't sound like a hard drive issue to me, but I'm not really sure.
Sometimes when it restarts, as I'm trying to log into windows it'll restart again before I can finish typing in the password.

Specs
Case: NZXT H510 (brand new)
CPU: Intel i7 10700k (brand new)
Mobo: MSI MPG z490 (brand new)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2800
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
PSU: EVGA 600 BQ (brand new)
M.2 SSD: Samsung Evo 960 500GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB

Solution

Just because the PSU is brand new, doesn't mean it's good. EVGA BQ series PSUs are low build quality PSUs and a bad purchase.
From EVGA, only B2, GQ, G2, G2L, G3, P2 and T2 series are good. The rest are best avoided.

So, i'd return the poor PSU you have and go for a good quality PSU this time. Either any of the EVGA series i listed or when you're looking to switching brand, then Seasonic. Either PRIME or Focus series. (All 3x of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

Just because the PSU is brand new, doesn't mean it's good. EVGA BQ series PSUs are low build quality PSUs and a bad purchase.
From EVGA, only B2, GQ, G2, G2L, G3, P2 and T2 series are good. The rest are best avoided.

So, i'd return the poor PSU you have and go for a good quality PSU this time. Either any of the EVGA series i listed or when you're looking to switching brand, then Seasonic. Either PRIME or Focus series. (All 3x of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

Solution
My PC has been randomly restarting the past couple weeks. Doesn't matter if it's been running for 5 minutes or 5 hours. could be sitting idle or playing an intensive game. CPU is not getting above 65 degrees Celcius. I initially thought it was the power supply, so I replaced it with a new one and the issue persisted. I ran memtest86 and the RAM tested out fine. GPU temperatures are normal. I replaced the motherboard, CPU, and case (not only for this reason, just wanted the upgrade anyway) and just got it put back together and the problem persists. I ran power to an outlet in another room to make sure it's not the outlet also. What is the next likely culprit? Doesn't sound like a hard drive issue to me, but I'm not really sure.
Sometimes when it restarts, as I'm trying to log into windows it'll restart again before I can finish typing in the password.

Specs
Case: NZXT H510 (brand new)
CPU: Intel i7 10700k (brand new)
Mobo: MSI MPG z490 (brand new)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2800
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
M.2 SSD: Samsung Evo 960 500GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB

When you replaced the motherboard and CPU to upgrade, did you reinstall Windows?