Question Need help updating my bios

Feb 13, 2019
So right now I have an ASUS P5WGD2-WS that has a pentium d 915. I want upgrade to a core 2 duo e7400 but for that I need to update my bios. I've checked the manual for it online but I'm confused as to what I need to do. Can some1 pls help?

Feb 13, 2019
Assuming this is the correct MB, I can only see a professional model.

P5WDG2 Professional English Manual

Section 4.1 onwards - Updating your BIOS.

If you don't have Asus Update on your PC - then you'll want to do it with a BIOS file. Which you can download from here: P5WDG2 BIOS List

Then refer to section 4.1.3 of the manual - there it will guide you to updating your BIOS.
Its this - https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/P5WDG2-WS/HelpDesk_Download/
but i dont think its any different

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well if it's the E2455 edition, it's section 4.1.3 again - this is important as each motherboard model will need the BIOS ROM to be named slightly differently.

But the overall process will be roughly the same. You'll just need to download the relevant BIOS file from Asus and then follow the instructions in your manual.

Feb 13, 2019
Well if it's the E2455 edition, it's section 4.1.3 again - this is important as each motherboard model will need the BIOS ROM to be named slightly differently.

But the overall process will be roughly the same. You'll just need to download the relevant BIOS file from Asus and then follow the instructions in your manual.
I tried booting in to EZ Flash but Im getting a black screen and the pc is giving out 5 beeps. Tried a multiple of times but no luck.

Feb 13, 2019
Do you have Asus Update installed in your Windows at all?
Are you sure you're connecting the USB in prior to boot and have the correct BIOS installed on the USB?
Asus update isnt installed and thats im forced to use the other method. I have downloaded the right ROM for the p5wdg2 ws and I have connected my usb b4 boot.

Feb 13, 2019
Can you access EZ Flash just through the BIOS settings, not via the Alt+F2 method?
So after searching, I managed to find the asus update utility online and went through the flashing process. But i got a checksum bad message and it said to factory reset. It went through the factory resetting process but im not sure if my bios actually updated.