[SOLVED] Need Help updating the bios of my Motherboard

Sep 14, 2020
I recently bought Gigabyte H310 M H 2.0 and an intel i3-9100f. I found out too late that I may need to upgrade the bios. however I do not know how to upgrade bios. I cannot use my computer right now since intel i3-9100f does not have integ graphics, I have a gpu (Saphire radeon HD 5570) but there are no display since CPU and Motherboard does are not compatible.
how do I upgrade my Bios via USB Flash drive?

this is what I've did so far but it did not work
1. I downloaded the Update from here: https://www.gigabyte.com/ph/Motherboard/H310M-H-20-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

2. extracted the contents to a fat32 flashdrive then insert it in USB port but it did not update the bios, I am still not getting any display on my monitor

Solution
how do I know the BIOS it originally came with? my motherboard is brand new and I feel like the one I have bought is the version that doesn't have the BIOS updated but I wanted to be sure
Check the motherboard manufacturer's website. They may not all do this, but some of them may list the original BIOS version that the board shipped with.

I also have no reason to believe that unless there's another revision of the board, the BIOS is updated even if it's been sitting on the shelf for three years.
You first need a CPU that is compatible with the BIOS you already have so the system boots. When it does, you will get into BIOS and do an update and only then switch to the new CPU.
If you do not have one and have just bought the motherboard, you can contact the store and tell them either that you need a replacement with updated BIOS as this one does not work or just return it as DOA and shop elsewhere for the one that is updated.

Sep 14, 2020
I see. I just bought my motherboard and it is not compatible with my CPU. does this mean that I cannot update bios without compatible CPU and the only option is to contact the store and have it replaced?

Sep 14, 2020
Hi. I have a Gigabyte H310M H 2.0 motherboard and I am having a problem booting it up with my i3-9100f and Saphire Radeon HD5570. (no signal in my monitor)

I want to find out if my motherboard's bios has already been updated to be compatible with my CPU. how do I know the current bios without booting up the computer?

Sep 14, 2020
how do I know the BIOS it originally came with? my motherboard is brand new and I feel like the one I have bought is the version that doesn't have the BIOS updated but I wanted to be sure

Sep 14, 2020
I see thank you. I cant see anything that resembles and F plus a number so it must be F1, does this mean I need to contact the store where I bought this and have them update the BIOS?

Check the motherboard manufacturer's website. They may not all do this, but some of them may list the original BIOS version that the board shipped with.

I also have no reason to believe that unless there's another revision of the board, the BIOS is updated even if it's been sitting on the shelf for three years.

Solution