NEED HELP: Upgraded CPU, MOBO and RAM but stuck in restart loop.

smurfforlife

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
As of today i upgraded my mobo, Ram and Cpu to below:
i7 8700k
Aorus gigabyte gaming 5 Z370
RAM corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz DDR4
GPU Asus ROG STRIX 1080 8g gaming

I correctly put all the parts in and have everything hooked up. When i start my computer it sends me to a blue screen that states the "System Thread exception not handled". I started the computer up in safe mode and looked to update the drivers because i figure the gpu driver could be the interference but it is up to date. I then noticed that the wireless intel driver is flagged yellow but will not update any further. I also have multiple "other devices" that are not able to update their drivers because they cannot be found.Listed below are the "Other Devices".

Base system Device
PCI Memory controller
PCI Simple Communications controller
SM Bus Controller
Unknown device

Keep in mind before i upgraded i was running an AMD processor with a 970a motherboard. I have never had any problems with my old setup so Im curious if this is directly related to intel or the motherboard.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and follow the directions to get the latest version of Win10 onto a bootable USB stick. Don't worry about "owning" Win10: if you upgraded properly, you're in their secret database. As soon as the computer has loaded Win10 it goes online and checks to make sure you're legal.

BTW: Immediately after the install completes, go to "settings->Update & security->Windows Update->Check for updates" and get all the latest stuff downloaded and installed. Once that’s done, you can start installing your applications.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006

No, windows 10 activation is server side. That means you don`t even have to enter a serial key anymore - once on internet it will reactivate.

You can use Media Creation Tool from microsoft`s site to put install files on a usb stick and then boot from that.

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and follow the directions to get the latest version of Win10 onto a bootable USB stick. Don't worry about "owning" Win10: if you upgraded properly, you're in their secret database. As soon as the computer has loaded Win10 it goes online and checks to make sure you're legal.

BTW: Immediately after the install completes, go to "settings->Update & security->Windows Update->Check for updates" and get all the latest stuff downloaded and installed. Once that’s done, you can start installing your applications.

Solution