Question Need help upgrading componets!

Nov 20, 2020
As of today:
500 W power supply
MSI Z77A-S03 motherboard
16 GB DDR 3 ram
Intel 3750-k processor
GTX 1060 6gb

I've already upgraded my graphics card from the 660 a while back and its now time for a new processor. I want something that could handle a grapics card update in the future but is not to overkill for the 1060. Here is what I found on some blackweek sales that could be a decent choice. Would just like some confirmation on the compatability and if its a decent choice or completly utter trash.

Planned upgrade:
Asus ROG Strix B450-F
Ryzen 7 3700X
16 GB DDR 4 ram
M.2 drive ( have a optical drive at the moment booting the system is a nighmare)

Do you think this will work?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? 500W is only the stickered wattage, not an indication of what the build quality of the unit is.

It should work but what are the specs of the ram? I'd also advise on getting a B550 motherboard as opposed to the B450 chipset. Make and model of the SSD you've scoped out?

Nov 20, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? 500W is only the stickered wattage, not an indication of what the build quality of the unit is.

It should work but what are the specs of the ram? I'd also advise on getting a B550 motherboard as opposed to the B450 chipset. Make and model of the SSD you've scoped out?

The motherboard CPU and RAM is in a upgrade package so they are compatable. But the powersupply is a BeQuiet BQ 500-k it's like 7 years old.

The M.2 is either a
Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB M.2 SSD or Corsair Force MP510 series NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 960GB both are on sale. Whats the best choice?