Need Help Upgrading My Current Build!!

garrett96kelly

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yCv2JV

So everything here, minus the CPU (which is currently a i5 6600k) is what is in my current build. I'm looking to upgrade my CPU so i get a little more performance while streaming and gaming on my PC. According to PC Part Picker, is says everything should work, but then at the bottom of the part's list, it says the following:

"Some Intel B150 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Kaby Lake-S CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

So does that mean the CPU and my current motherboard won't work together? Or do I have to get a whole new motherboard as well? Thanks for any help in advance!!

Solution
You may need to update the bios to the latest verdion if its not the latest to support the kabylake processor .It will work fine
Also Coffeelake releases on oct 5 so wait and decide

parani

Honorable
Jun 15, 2015
You may need to update the bios to the latest verdion if its not the latest to support the kabylake processor .It will work fine
Also Coffeelake releases on oct 5 so wait and decide

Solution

garrett96kelly

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

I'm sorry, what does Coffeelake mean? Not very smart when it comes to CPU's. Would you recommend waiting for the "Coffeelake"?

garrett96kelly

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

Oh ok. Would you happen to know what the price difference is gonna be?