Need help upgrading my gaming pc.

desert890

Prominent
Jul 26, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to get into pc gaming so i bought a starter pc on amazon. I realized its not the best at all. I need advice on which video card and ram i can buy to make it better ..

Product Specifications:

Processor: AMD FX 6300 6 Core (3.5GHz base clock speed, 4.1GHz with the AMD Boost Technology)

Motherboard: AM3+ (1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 1 x PCI, 4 x SATA 3Gb/s, 2 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse, 1xDVI, 1xD-Sub, 1 x GBIT-LAN, 6xUSB 2.0, 3x Audio jack)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 PC-1600

Hard drive: 1TB SATA III HDD

3D-Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 710 2GB DDR3, DirectX 12, DVI, HDM, VGA

CD/DVD Drive: 22x Dual Layer Multiformat CD/DVD Burner (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+-R, DVD+-RW, DVD+R9 (DL))

Case: Sharkoon Gaming Midi Tower Black (43cm x 19cm x 43cm) with red fan lights

USB: 6 USB ports (4xUSB 2.0 on the back panel & 2xUSB 2.0 on the front panel)

Network: 10/100/1000 MBit/s Ethernet LAN, DSL capable

Wi-FI: Yes, included, 150 Mbit

Sound: Integrated on board 5.1 Controller, HD Audio

Power Supply: 400W Super Silent power supply unit- 50 watts of power required for normal usage

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Service Pack 1 (installed and activated)

Office Suite: Libre Office Pack -full version- (Microsoft Office compatible)

Solution
um...wow...mind sharing what you paid?

Honestly, that's not going to be a "gaming" computer pretty much regardless of what you do short of (essentially) building a new system.
That processor is on a dead end socket, you are pretty much stuck. You "could" buy a better proc for the socket, but it would be better spent on something new.
Your memory will be incompatible with the upgrade (to new socket).
Your video card is good for watching videos or very low demand games. If you are digging some Raymond Legends, you might be good.
Your PSU would be good for ~GTX1050 perhaps?

Upgrading the HD to an SSD would help a little with your experience, and would be good for the next build you create.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
um...wow...mind sharing what you paid?

Honestly, that's not going to be a "gaming" computer pretty much regardless of what you do short of (essentially) building a new system.
That processor is on a dead end socket, you are pretty much stuck. You "could" buy a better proc for the socket, but it would be better spent on something new.
Your memory will be incompatible with the upgrade (to new socket).
Your video card is good for watching videos or very low demand games. If you are digging some Raymond Legends, you might be good.
Your PSU would be good for ~GTX1050 perhaps?

Upgrading the HD to an SSD would help a little with your experience, and would be good for the next build you create.

Solution