Question Need help upgrading my pc or changing!

Mar 28, 2020
Hi All! Finally getting back into my PC gaming since having more time..

Just some questions, basically my current Pc in looking at upgrading since it’s seriously starting to struggle to hit a decent FPS.. basically just after some advice on it to upgrade my current pc and maybe if you could advise what to do or to just sell and start fresh.. Like do I keep the i5 and over clock or change process etc.. not got a clue what to do sorry to be so vague.. ask as many questions as you like.. specs below:

I5-4690k + stock cooler.. Motherboard is incorrect for the CPU So I cannot overclock unless I change it... 16gb DDR3 RAM R9 280 1tb hardrive 250gb ssd can’t believe how much these have dropped in price.
seen a good deal on a refurbished rx570/580..

Thanks in advance hope I get some good info! You guys are the best to ask!!

Your GPU is definitely your limiting factor. But we need to know your budget, country, and what make/ model/ wattage of your power supply.

What monitor do you have?

Sucks you don't have a Z series board. My brother is using an i5-4690K and just OCd for the first time 2 days ago. He's running at 4.5GHz all-core.

Reactions: Trofufle
Mar 28, 2020
Your GPU is definitely your limiting factor. But we need to know your budget, country, and what make/ model/ wattage of your power supply.

What monitor do you have?

Sucks you don't have a Z series board. My brother is using an i5-4690K and just OCd for the first time 2 days ago. He's running at 4.5GHz all-core.
Thanks for the response!

Not really sure on the budget to be honest was thinking around £300 if possible and try to change as little as possible. Was thinking i could just buy a graphics card and then overclock but then found out about the motherboard issue.. So i'm currently thinking buy a 1660 super change the motherboard and cpu cooler and then overclock. What do you think?

From the UK and PSU is Corsair CX500M.

Monitor: Dell S2418H 24"

Thanks

Mar 28, 2020