Need help upgrading my PC (Very little experience)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sushiz

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Hello, I would appreciate any help from you guys, I've had the same Hardware set up since a couple of years now, I need help in regards to suggestions as to what I should upgrade and to what.

I'm not really looking for high end specs, just above average, things that will run stuff like Evolve and Overwatch kinda games.

Here's what I currently have through Dxdiag:

Card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series

Processor: AMD Athlon II x 4 630 Processor (4 CPUs) ` 2.8ghz

Memory: 4 GB ram (One of the sticks is corrupted though so I just kept it in, but definitely need a new one)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., GA-MA770T-UD3P (Socket M2)

My monitor is SyncMaster BX2250 if it matters.

Thanks for the help.

Solution
^ agree with tinyvoices 100% - your phenom is old & slow now - its as big a handicap as your current GPU.
Even a cheap 760k will absolutely slaughter it in performance.
I would honestly go with a gtx 960 or r9 280 + 8gb ram,leave the PSU as your enermax is fairly decent.
When you realise you're still handicapped by your CPU/mb you'll have some budget left to replace then.
Spending the majority of your budget on a 970 & not having enough left to upgrade the rest of the system would be a daft thing to do IMO.
^ agree with tinyvoices 100% - your phenom is old & slow now - its as big a handicap as your current GPU.
Even a cheap 760k will absolutely slaughter it in performance.
I would honestly go with a gtx 960 or r9 280 + 8gb ram,leave the PSU as your enermax is fairly decent.
When you realise you're still handicapped by your CPU/mb you'll have some budget left to replace then.
Spending the majority of your budget on a 970 & not having enough left to upgrade the rest of the system would be a daft thing to do IMO.

Solution