[SOLVED] Need help upgrading

Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone,
I need help to upgrade, but I must not spend alot, max £200 budget (and I may get cpu from Ebay)

Current specs:
Intel core i5 2300 2.8ghz
GTX 960 2GB
12GB RAM
Intel dq67ow motherboard

I am thinking of upgrading to i5 3570K cpu, but I need help please.

I want to run gta thanks

Solution
If you are going to throw money at a system like this, might as well find yourself an i7. Either the i7-2600 or i7-3770. i7-2600 would be guaranteed to work. Well within your budget.

Intel has de-supported that board hard. No longer even hosting drivers or updates. So you'll have to find the updated BIOS if it doesn't already support 3rd gen chips.

You are probably fine on memory, unless you are playing some of the very latest titles.

GTX960 is still decent enough, but the remaining budget after a CPU upgrade isn't going to get you much. Might be able to find a GTX1050Ti or low priced GTX1650 for that much. Not worth it really. You might be able to track down something like a GTX1060 that someone is selling on the cheap. I would call...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you are going to throw money at a system like this, might as well find yourself an i7. Either the i7-2600 or i7-3770. i7-2600 would be guaranteed to work. Well within your budget.

Intel has de-supported that board hard. No longer even hosting drivers or updates. So you'll have to find the updated BIOS if it doesn't already support 3rd gen chips.

You are probably fine on memory, unless you are playing some of the very latest titles.

GTX960 is still decent enough, but the remaining budget after a CPU upgrade isn't going to get you much. Might be able to find a GTX1050Ti or low priced GTX1650 for that much. Not worth it really. You might be able to track down something like a GTX1060 that someone is selling on the cheap. I would call that a decent upgrade, but not amazing.

Depends on what your power supply is up to handling as well.

Solution