Need help urgent

Oct 31, 2018
Hello. So i just upgraded my cpu ram and motherboard. Everything boots nice onto bios etc. When it starts to boot up windows tho it blue screens and restarts. I need answers please help.

Amd Ryzen 3 1200
ASrock ab350m-hdv
Crucial ballistix sport 4gb 2400
Gt 1030
400w psu
500gb hdd

Solution
You are avoiding the issue and not answering the questions that you've been asked in order to try and help solve your issue?

IS THIS AN OLD WINDOWS INSTALLATION from a previously running system? If it IS, then it is not likely to work with this new system. The system will try to use the chipset and storage controller drivers from your prior hardware and will often crash while trying to do so before it can get to the point where Windows installs the new drivers for your upgraded hardware.

Also, if it is a Windows version prior to Windows 10, it is VERY unlikely that it will even HAVE any drivers it can try to use with your Ryzen hardware.

You WILL need to do a clean install using Windows 10, if you have not already done so.

It's also...
Are you trying to use the Windows installation from a previous build or system? If so, that's probably a bad idea. Very doubtful any prior installation using a different chipset, whether Intel or AMD, is going to play nice with your current configuration.

I would do a clean install. If you are running a much older version of Windows, you are probably going to want to change that to Windows 10.

Windows 10 Clean install tutorial

If you HAVE done a clean install, I would update your motherboard to the latest bios version available on it's product page, and repeat the clean install again.

Be sure to disable CSM in the bios unless the system will not boot from a USB drive using the boot override option AND I would also recommend that you ENABLE the UEFI mode setting, usually found in the Secure boot boot options. This will force the Windows installation into a UEFI compatible installation using the GPT partition configuration rather than using an older MBR legacy configuration.

Also, what is the EXACT model number of your power supply? Is it old or new?

Where are your memory modules installed? If they are NOT installed in the A2 and B2 slots, you need to move them there, with the power off of course.

How old is that 500GB hard drive?

You are avoiding the issue and not answering the questions that you've been asked in order to try and help solve your issue?

IS THIS AN OLD WINDOWS INSTALLATION from a previously running system? If it IS, then it is not likely to work with this new system. The system will try to use the chipset and storage controller drivers from your prior hardware and will often crash while trying to do so before it can get to the point where Windows installs the new drivers for your upgraded hardware.

Also, if it is a Windows version prior to Windows 10, it is VERY unlikely that it will even HAVE any drivers it can try to use with your Ryzen hardware.

You WILL need to do a clean install using Windows 10, if you have not already done so.

It's also 100% possible that if you performed this upgrade because of problems you were having previously, that the hard drive itself is a problem and needs to be replaced.

You do not need to be IN Windows to INSTALL Windows. Windows installation begins BEFORE you boot any operating system files. If you read the tutorial I linked you to, you will understand this.

You will probably need to either create your installation media on a different machine, or if you do not currently have Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 in a retail licensed copy, you will probably need to BUY it before you can do so.

If you want further help, from anybody here, you are going to need to provide more information than you have so far.

Solution
Oct 31, 2018

Thanks ill know that now