[SOLVED] Need Help Urgent

Feb 13, 2019
Motherboard - asus p5wdg2-ws
CPU - Core 2 duo e7400
Ram - 4gb(filled in all 4 slots with 1gb)
GPU - gtx 1050 oc edition by asus
PSU - EVGA 500W bronze
HDD - 500GB HDD
OS - Not installed

So Ive put every together and tried turning my pc on. Connected through my gpu to my monitor and nothing is being displayed. All fans are spinning fine(even on the gpu). Ive also used this gpu and psu b4 perfectly and tested it again on another system and its all fine. Ive tried resetting cmos aswell. The speaker doesnt give out any error codes either. I have yet to try the the motherboard connectors but I have to wait for the adapter since it has a parallel port. Can some1 pls help me out here?

Solution
I'm a bit worried the CPU won't run at all in this motherboard - it's not listed in the CPU support list on ASUS's website. In fact, I don't believe they're listing anything released past January 2008 as compatible and the CPUs that were released in January 2008 required a BIOS update from ASUS. And that was the final update ever for this motherboard from April 2008; the later Wolfdale CPUs were released after this (including yours).

Now, CPU support lists sometimes omit CPUs that will work and sometimes include CPUs that have issues (grumble, bargain AM3+ motherboards and 125W CPUs), but given the fact that you are having problems that you're unable to pin down otherwise, I'd be worried unless you've seen someone for a fact run...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm a bit worried the CPU won't run at all in this motherboard - it's not listed in the CPU support list on ASUS's website. In fact, I don't believe they're listing anything released past January 2008 as compatible and the CPUs that were released in January 2008 required a BIOS update from ASUS. And that was the final update ever for this motherboard from April 2008; the later Wolfdale CPUs were released after this (including yours).

Now, CPU support lists sometimes omit CPUs that will work and sometimes include CPUs that have issues (grumble, bargain AM3+ motherboards and 125W CPUs), but given the fact that you are having problems that you're unable to pin down otherwise, I'd be worried unless you've seen someone for a fact run this combination of motherboard/CPU.

Solution
Feb 13, 2019

Now, CPU support lists sometimes omit CPUs that will work and sometimes include CPUs that have issues (grumble, bargain AM3+ motherboards and 125W CPUs), but given the fact that you are having problems that you're unable to pin down otherwise, I'd be worried unless you've seen someone for a fact run this combination of motherboard/CPU.
Im going to try the cpu it came with now, if it works do you have any suggestions for a better cpu?

Feb 13, 2019

Thank You, that was the issue lol

TRENDING THREADS