[SOLVED] NEED HELP URGENTLY. Pc won’t POST

Mar 2, 2020
I just built my first pc and it won’t display but the fans turn on. I got a memory issue beep from my pc speaker but not consistently. My keyboards rgb turns on but none of the locks (caps, scroll, num) work. Specs listed below:

Elite group ECS H61 H2-M2
I7 3770
Palit jetstream gtx 780
2x4gb 1333mhz ram
CiT fx pro 700w
Arctic alpine 12 cooler
WD caviar blue 500gb
WD blue 500gb (2010)
CiT venom mesh case

I’ve tried everything in the stickied troubleshooting thread.
My motherboard, according to the manufacturers website and the eBay seller, supports Ivy bridge processors. I’ve been working on this for days now to no avail. I’ve tried ram in literally every single config, removing sata devices, no Graphics card, disconnecting the reset switch, nothing works. I can’t see anything that I could’ve done wrong. I don’t have any parts that I could replace or the money to buy them (I already owe my parents over £100 because of the PC). I would take it to a repair shop but COVID has but a block in the road there. I’ve tried multiple troubleshooting guides as well but nothing has worked. I cannot test motherboard video as I don’t have a VGA or DVI-D cable or input on my TV. I have a feeling my TV could be the issue? It sometimes didn’t see when my previous computer was going through the bios but that was an old dell prebuilt. Please help, I’m at my wits end with this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Here are some things you can try To get your system to load Bios.
1.Remove your GPU From the motherboard and Use only one RAM stick while trying to boot up.(All you need connected is CPU...CPU fan...Powersupply(Check all power point and power plugins on the mobo)RAM(One stick)And all your motherboard connections.
2.Then Use your integrated Graphics(Onboard Graphics-Onboard screen)and connect your USB Keyboard and mouse.
3.Now you can try to power up...If your system Boots into Bios then you can slowly try putting back the components...(Then the other RAM stick then boot up again Then GPU then boot up again)If your system doesn't boot up after you inserted the other RAM stick it could then mean that the RAM stick itself is faulty.
4.If...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Can be really hard to track down an issue like this particularly if you are dealing with used parts and have no manner of items to swap in for troubleshooting.

Does that sticky include checking mobo for bent socket pins?
Do you have even a single stick of (different) RAM you can use to test boot?

Mar 2, 2020
Can be really hard to track down an issue like this particularly if you are dealing with used parts and have no manner of items to swap in for troubleshooting.

Does that sticky include checking mobo for bent socket pins?
Do you have even a single stick of (different) RAM you can use to test boot?
I couldn’t check the cpu socket as I don’t have any thermal compound nor the money to buy any. I do have some other ram but it’s ddr2 866mhz or something like that, therefore it isn’t compatible.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
So, you bought this with the cpu on mobo under a cooler and haven't taken apart?
Are you sure there is paste present?

Have you seen this machine work?

If there is no paste/improper cooler contact an i7 would easily overheat in boot. It should thermal shutdown and may or may not throw a code for it.
If you have bent mobo pins it could be causing issue with the PCI lanes for the memory.
It could be that your memory itself is bad.
Check to make sure that all the pins in the ATX and CPU connectors are fully within it's housing and fully connected to the board. I have seen pins push out of the ATX (in particular) and cause strange issue.

The cheapest and easiest initial course that I see is to spring for a cheap tube of paste, some rubbing alcohol, and some towels. Remove cooler and CPU to check that, re-apply new paste and put the fan back. The CPU is indexed with a mark to show which way it aligns. Pay attention upon removal and be SUPER careful with those motherboard pins.

Mar 2, 2020
So, you bought this with the cpu on mobo under a cooler and haven't taken apart?
Are you sure there is paste present?

Have you seen this machine work?

If there is no paste/improper cooler contact an i7 would easily overheat in boot. It should thermal shutdown and may or may not throw a code for it.
If you have bent mobo pins it could be causing issue with the PCI lanes for the memory.
It could be that your memory itself is bad.
Check to make sure that all the pins in the ATX and CPU connectors are fully within it's housing and fully connected to the board. I have seen pins push out of the ATX (in particular) and cause strange issue.

The cheapest and easiest initial course that I see is to spring for a cheap tube of paste, some rubbing alcohol, and some towels. Remove cooler and CPU to check that, re-apply new paste and put the fan back. The CPU is indexed with a mark to show which way it aligns. Pay attention upon removal and be SUPER careful with those motherboard pins.
I believe we have a misunderstanding here. I bought the cooler pre applied with thermal paste and the cpu and motherboard came separately. I didn’t see any broken or bent pins when inserting the CPU and the cooler went on fine. Apologies.

Reactions: punkncat

Bassplate

Reputable
1.Remove your GPU From the motherboard and Use only one RAM stick while trying to boot up.(All you need connected is CPU...CPU fan...Powersupply(Check all power point and power plugins on the mobo)RAM(One stick)And all your motherboard connections.
2.Then Use your integrated Graphics(Onboard Graphics-Onboard screen)and connect your USB Keyboard and mouse.
3.Now you can try to power up...If your system Boots into Bios then you can slowly try putting back the components...(Then the other RAM stick then boot up again Then GPU then boot up again)If your system doesn't boot up after you inserted the other RAM stick it could then mean that the RAM stick itself is faulty.
4.If your system doesn't boot up when you inserted your GPU it could mean that the GPU is faulty OR your PCI Chipset is disabled in Bios.
5.Reset your Bios then try Booting up again(Bios reset is when you remove your CMOS Battery-small 3v battery located on your MOBO For maybe 3 minutes then placing your CMOS battery back in.
Hope something helps and try this And let me know. :benetton:

Solution
Mar 2, 2020
4.If your system doesn't boot up when you inserted your GPU it could mean that the GPU is faulty OR your PCI Chipset is disabled in Bios.
5.Reset your Bios then try Booting up again(Bios reset is when you remove your CMOS Battery-small 3v battery located on your MOBO For maybe 3 minutes then placing your CMOS battery back in.
Hope something helps and try this And let me know. :benetton:
Thank you for the tips. I found an old dell monitor I’m going to try and use it with until I can get windows onto it. Apparently HDMI isn’t plug and play on new builds.

Reactions: Bassplate