[SOLVED] Need help ! very strange

Nov 11, 2019
Hello,

So i just built my first PC and i couldnt be anymore more upset about all of this being that ive waited over a year to finally build this thing,

It took me some time but i finally did it and it wont turn on. Check everything again and my cpu connector was all the way in so i plug it in and it starts up ! but my fans wont spin but the rgb works ? My gpu fans work and everything else seems to be fine as well. I take off the back panel to double check connections and eveyting is plugged int fine. All 6 fans into the fan controller thats plug into sata and that is plugged into the PSU> i reinstall the psu and try to turn it on again and now it wont turn back on. I have zero clue whats going on i didnt unplug anything when i first took the psu back out to check the connections.

Also note the one time it did power one my board code was 6: Microcode loading

Any help would be great but at this point im prolly going to take it into micro center and have them do it.

Parts:
I7-8700k
RTX 2080 super
Asus z390 maximus hero XI
Corsair vengeance pro ddr4 3000
Corsair rm850w
Corsair h150i pro
seagate 2tb
6 Corsair LL120s
Samsung 980 evo 1tb
Cosair 570x Case

Last edited:
Solution
First things first. The lead from the power button can look as if it's connected properly but it can fool the eyes staring inside the box and maybe, only one pin is connected to the motherboard.

I've done it before and if I can .....:D
First things first. The lead from the power button can look as if it's connected properly but it can fool the eyes staring inside the box and maybe, only one pin is connected to the motherboard.

I've done it before and if I can .....:D

Solution
Nov 11, 2019
Hey thank you ! ill double check everything but yeah im really not sure whats going on. It did boot and i even shut it off and turned it back on just fine but once i unscrewed the PSU and then reinstalled it thats when it stopped working again. I didnt even unplug anything i just chekced if sata was connected

TRENDING THREADS