[SOLVED] Need Help. Video Stopped Working

leeharrell42

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2015
I need help with my sons computer. It's a older system that I built it six years ago and the video stopped working. I took the GPU out and tried to run it with the onboard graphics but that didn't work and some of the fans have now stopped working. I was thinking the PSU or Motherboard. Below is a link to all the components I used when building it. Thanks in advance for any help.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/lee42lee/saved/#view=kdmscf

Solution
In order to rule out the PSU being the issue, perhaps try and source a donor (branded, reliably built)PSU that has at least 450W of power at the system's disposal(sans a discrete GPU) to see if your motherboard hasn't conked out. 6 years is a long time and can result in the PSU giving up on it's duties...it could also be that the motherboard might've given up. This is why I'd recommend breadboarding your innards, work with one stick of ram only, and the iGPU(onboard GPU on the Intel processor) without the discrete GPU, using the donor PSU(sourced from a friend or a neighbor) to see if you get POST and subsequent display.

If not, then you can think about taking the discrete GPU to your friend's/neighbor's place to test and see if that...

Lutfij

Titan
In order to rule out the PSU being the issue, perhaps try and source a donor (branded, reliably built)PSU that has at least 450W of power at the system's disposal(sans a discrete GPU) to see if your motherboard hasn't conked out. 6 years is a long time and can result in the PSU giving up on it's duties...it could also be that the motherboard might've given up. This is why I'd recommend breadboarding your innards, work with one stick of ram only, and the iGPU(onboard GPU on the Intel processor) without the discrete GPU, using the donor PSU(sourced from a friend or a neighbor) to see if you get POST and subsequent display.

If not, then you can think about taking the discrete GPU to your friend's/neighbor's place to test and see if that has given out.

Solution