• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Need help w new motherboard and upgrading gaming build

addisonphillipsgoalie

Commendable
Jul 19, 2017
Hi! I'll try and keep this quick,if anyone could help me out that'd be great! I'd like to upgrade my motherboard, get an ssd, maybe upgrade ram, and potentially get a better gpu or processor. I'm 100% focused on gaming, and understand I cant get close to all of those upgraded for my budget but if someone could identify what would help my gaming experience the most and recommend parts that would be amazing. My motherboard is a NEED since the ram slots are broken and my HDD is now always at 100%. Thanks!
Budget: 150$
Specs:
Dell Precision T3500 box (525w)
Nvidia GT 1030 GPU
I have three 2gb sticks of ram (1133mhz) , and I also have an 8gb stick (1600mhz) but it wont work with my current motherboard.
Intel core i7 950 CPU 3.07 ghz (lga 1366)
250gb HDD
That's it! If you need anymore info let me know! I primarily play Rainbow Six if that helps.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS