[SOLVED] Need Help: Weird Artifacting on my screen

mikealta1

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
Hey tom'sHardware Community I was hoping you guys could help me out. I'm not sure if this was the right place to post this if not sorry.

So basically about maybe a month ago I started to get these weird artifacts on my screen or maybe screen tears Im not exactly what sure what to call them. They aren't particularly obvious but my screen would possibly flash for a split second (literally I'm talking about maybe .3 seconds at most basically it seems to be just one frame) and sometimes show some weird line or image somewhere on the screen. It seems to usually happen when watching a video on youtube I dont know why. I don't remember ever seeing it happen when playing a game say like CSGO or League. I thought it may be that I havent cleaned the dust in my computer but I recently cleaned it so I'm not sure whats causing it. There aren't any weird temperature issues with my graphics card or system in general either and I'm running the most recent amd gpu drivers.

My Specs:
R5 1600 (overclocked to 3.8 ghz)
RX580 4gb (not overclocked at the moment but I did try tinkering with it maybe a year ago)
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 Motherboard
16 gigs of ram
1TB HDD
120hz Monitor 1080p

Thanks for any help!

Solution
artifacts very often be cause by problems with the VRAM. Happens when the the VRAM is overclocked to high or if the VRAM is defect. What you could try is to slightly underclock the VRAM....5% or so. Just to see if that gets rid of the problem.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
artifacts very often be cause by problems with the VRAM. Happens when the the VRAM is overclocked to high or if the VRAM is defect. What you could try is to slightly underclock the VRAM....5% or so. Just to see if that gets rid of the problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS