[SOLVED] Need help. Windows 10 no longer recognizes my external hard drive

Sep 19, 2020
Hi All,

I have a Samsung 4tb external hard drive that has our families life on it. All the photos/videos etc. A week or so ago, my computer stopped recognizing the hard drive. All I get is a message saying that the parameter is incorrect.

I ran chkdsk g: /f /r and it seems to be stuck on 'Correcting errors in the volume bitmap'. it's been like this for about a day and a half. Should I force end it? Can anyone recommend a good recovery software?

Thanks for any help.

Solution
Yes. End it. Does your external harddrive have a driver/software that you can maybe install or download? Try that and see if Win recognizes it through the software. But in most cases, you dont need a driver/software. So good luck man. Try cloud backups. Just do your research on the most trustworthy cloud-storage company.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Yes. End it. Does your external harddrive have a driver/software that you can maybe install or download? Try that and see if Win recognizes it through the software. But in most cases, you dont need a driver/software. So good luck man. Try cloud backups. Just do your research on the most trustworthy cloud-storage company.

Solution