Need help! Windows Seven installer failing to install on a 850 SSD Samsung

NullVoxel

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Okay firstly i recently decided to ditch windows 10 for windows seven, (High idle cpu usage)
meaning that this SSD was, and IS* working properly and DID have windows installed.

What i originally did.
0 Backup.
1 Shutdown.
2 Powered on and booted the windows Seven PRO 64bit DVD.
3 (using the installers OWN partition "Editor") Deleted the Drive 0 partition, and created a new one.
4 Pressed install. Nope, i don't remember the exact error, i think it was something about the drive not being the correct Format.....

What i did to try and fix this...
Looked on the forum at other such posts so far i've tried:
1 using the installers cmd prompt and DISKPART command to firstly:
Select disk 0
Clean
convert mbr
and yet no dice..

2 using the installers cmd prompt and DISKPART command to:
Select disk 0
Clean
convert gpt
Once again... no dice.

3 Booted into my linux HDD (The system i'm using now) and used GParted to:
Create a Nice inviting NTFS MSDOS file-system for it to munch down on...
No DICE!

Then this got me thinking perhaps the drive gave up?.. so i tried writing data to it,
and it seemed to work perfectly.

at one stage i did manage to get it to begin writing data to the filesystem after the installation had "Finished" i attempted a boot as anyone would, it have me the safe mode options and such things but the system itself didn't boot. (Once again i don't remember the error codes)

My only theory is that the DVD is corrupted!? but that's one hell of a spot to go wrong and yet still load.

useful note: sometimes when i did load GParted (In linux) it stated that the partition table may have been corrupted by an editor that wasn't meant to handle GPT partitions.

Any help would VERY much be appreciated, as this is my only PC! and i use meany windows apps that simply will not work on linux!

Regards - Sam

Use the Samsung Magician utility to perform a "secure erase". The procedure only takes a few seconds and it completely deletes everything on the ssd and makes it like new. Everything disappears and the drive is prepared for use. Next, do a fresh clean install of the operating system. No need to fool with partitions.

NullVoxel

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

I can't seem to find a version for linux, and when i tried using my windows laptop to erase it it couldn't detect the SSD likely because i was using a USB drive bay.