[SOLVED] Need help wiring cat5e male end

Solution
It is unclear what you are doing. Since the 2 wires you show are different colors I assume that means they are not the 2 ends of the same cable.

Your other question was about a jack. The reason they color code these is to make it easy. Follow the color codes on the jack. You have 2 option with the orange and green pairs since you are using 568b on your cables be sure to put the orange pair on pins 1 & 2

Jan 3, 2019
The larger tester green lights are lighting up in the correct order.

The smaller tester green lights are lighting up but in a random order. 5, 3, 8, etc....

Or does that mean I am not crimping it hard enough?

Sorry, first time doing this

kanewolf

Titan
You can't tell anything about the quality of a crimp visually. You could have a bad crimp tool you could have RJ45s that are for the wrong kind of cable (stranded vs solid). You could have bad wire. Is the wire 100% copper or does it say CCA on the jacket? Is there an EIA certification printed on the jacket of the wire?

It is unclear what you are doing. Since the 2 wires you show are different colors I assume that means they are not the 2 ends of the same cable.

Your other question was about a jack. The reason they color code these is to make it easy. Follow the color codes on the jack. You have 2 option with the orange and green pairs since you are using 568b on your cables be sure to put the orange pair on pins 1 & 2

Solution