[SOLVED] Need Help with 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones

raptor20012001

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Well, I probably did something wrong as suddenly 7.1 surround sound stopped working with my headphones. They now only play in stereo, and when I select 7.1 surround sound, even when enabled in Razer's software as these are Razer headphones, no audio is played at all. I don't know if Razer's software is the issue as it doesn't really have many options besides being on or off, but it may also be conflicting softwares as I also have Nahimic installed on my computer as well. I uninstalled Nahimic, and the problem persisted, and I just reinstalled it, and the problem still persists. I don't know what else to try currently, so I am asking for help. If anyone else has had this issue, or you're just more knowledgeable, please do respond.

Solution
Hey, I figured it out after about an hour of messing with stuff. Turns out it was a software conflicting issue. I fully disabled Nahimic, and now 7.1 audio seems to be working, which is really weird since I didn't even enable Nahimic software in the first place, and then suddenly it turns itself on and tries to take over. Weird, but it is at least working now.

raptor20012001

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Hey, I figured it out after about an hour of messing with stuff. Turns out it was a software conflicting issue. I fully disabled Nahimic, and now 7.1 audio seems to be working, which is really weird since I didn't even enable Nahimic software in the first place, and then suddenly it turns itself on and tries to take over. Weird, but it is at least working now.

Solution