Need Help with a $1,000 Australian water cooled pc

OohKillEm

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Hello people of the Tom's Hardware community, I need help with a $1,000 water cooled pc that will be used to play Minecraft, Bf4, Black Ops 2 and video editing. I live in Australia, I will be using a monitor with a resolution of 1680x1050. I don't mind if you use Amd or Intel, I also don't mind if you use Nvidia or Amd. I will overclock my cpu, I do NOT want to water cool the gpu. Thanks in advanced ~OohKillEm

UPDATE 1: I need help with the parts needed to water cool the pc.

Solution

Since you did mention overclocking the CPU I made some changes to your cart, your budget is kinda on the low side for any kind of added water cooling, but if you plan on overclocking you need overclock capable components...
Something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($139.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($159.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($96.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($370.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($90.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $1007.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-27 14:14 EST+1000)

so, do you already have a water cooler? or must it be included in the $1000? i recommend an intel i5 build, its a good compromise between gaming and still pretty quick for video editing. the fx6300 mentioned above is not bad but not as strong for gaming. Any particular reason it must be watercooled?

OohKillEm

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

It doesn't have to be water cooled, I just would prefer it to be water cooled. And no I don't have the parts to water cool the pc. If there is a substantial difference in gaming and video editing with out water cooling I'll just go down that route instead. If possible can you try use PcCaseGear prices and just share cart?, it's just I like purchasing all parts at one store.

OohKillEm

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Here's what I have so far,

http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/hHW $840 including shipping.

My budget has dropped to $850. I don't have a hdd listed because I already have a 1 tb hd and a 3tb external hd. I won't be gaming as much because I don't really like bf4 (tried it at my mates and it isn't that good). And Black Ops 2 isn't that hard to run anyways. I'll still be video editing and playing Minecraft occasionally and may start youtube.

thats a decent build. watercooling is kinda pointless if your not heavily overclocking the cpu, and you wont be unless you have an unlocked K edition cpu. You might want to look at MSY computers if you live in australia, their prices are about the cheapest. They also have lots of store locations so you can pick up the parts instead of paying for shipping.

OohKillEm

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

Yeah, I know about MSY. I live 10 minutes away from one, it's just I hate there customer service. It's awful. I'll look into it more.

Since you did mention overclocking the CPU I made some changes to your cart, your budget is kinda on the low side for any kind of added water cooling, but if you plan on overclocking you need overclock capable components.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart&sort=20a

For your consideration;

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23&products_id=22307

Edit: Also if you have any later plans of getting a 2nd 660 to run SLI you may want to rethink that power supply, it will be fine for a single GPU.

Solution

OohKillEm

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

Ok Thanks.