Need Help with a few things after updating to Windows 10

Squadron

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Need Help setting up a PC for my Grandfather. I gave him my old PC with a fresh install of Windows 10. It originally had a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and 8.1. It has 4 Harddrives. 2 are Raptor 150 gig drives in Raid 0 and the other 2 hard 500 gig.

I have 2 issues:

1. The 2 Raptors that are in Raid are not showing up as available in Windows 10. They originally were partitioned to separate the 2 Windows OS. I cant find them anywhere in Windows 10. Ive tried disk management and still cant find them.

2. His sound is only coming out of his right speaker and the sub woofer. Hes got a 2.1 speaker set up and they are plugged into the Center/Sub out of the sound card. When doing the test the pulse sound comes out of all 3 speakers, but when playing any video or music the sound only comes out of the right and sub.

Does anyone know what I should do to get my Hard drives usable with Windows 10. Is there a Raid specific driver I need or something? Ive even tried checking to see if I can find the partitions but theres nothing there.

Also is there any tips for getting the speaker set up to work? Im going to try my other speakers that use all the outputs in the back of the pc but he would rather use his if possible that only have one jack. I know it used to work fine when I used it.

Its been awhile since Ive worked on PCs so my knowledge isnt what it used to be.

Wasnt sure where to post this topic, let me know if there is a better sub forum.

Update: Fixed the audio problems finally. Still cant figure out how to find the 2 drives though.

Solution
download the free version of this: https://www.piriform.com/speccy
run the program and in the right hand panel, it should have a heading for motherboard, can you tell us what it shows under it and I will go find driver page for it.

windows generally only formats the drive its installed on and ignores the others. To delete them all you would have had to run a custom install.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you know what motherboard he has? If RAID run off a controller on motherboard then you need to find the motherboard name and then look on web site and see if motherboard has win 10 drivers, win 8.1 would do fine if they all he has to offer.

I had a 150gb raptor about 8 years ago, replaced it with a 300gb velociraptor. He lucky they still alive.

Squadron

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
its a Gigabyte Mobo, 70 something I think. How do I check to find out since it doesnt say on the Mobo itself.

I thought when I did the fresh install of Windows 10 it would reformat all the drives and allow me to use the 2 raptors. I dont understand how they dont seem to be viewable at all.

Colif

Win 11 Master
download the free version of this: https://www.piriform.com/speccy
run the program and in the right hand panel, it should have a heading for motherboard, can you tell us what it shows under it and I will go find driver page for it.

windows generally only formats the drive its installed on and ignores the others. To delete them all you would have had to run a custom install.

Solution