Need help with a friends BEAST AMD all-purpose PC

andreaszero

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Hey guys, a friend of me build a PC choosing the parts on his own and asked me to get some feedback for it from guys who know more than him and me. As you will notice after seeing the build, he is a strong AMD fan and asked me to tell you guys if you will suggest something, let it be AMD based. He told me this PC is intended for hardcore gaming and his university work like programming and stuff. He is also editing and rendering videos for YouTube.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8N3kK8

Solution
You need to explain to him just how much of a poor decision the 9590 is. Find benchmarks, temperature measurements, power measurements. It's just not worth it.

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
just some friendly pointers>
samsung ssd have problems keeping up the declared speeds and due to fubard implementation of trim, you'll lose random files (especially in raid)
asus stx - is a bit overpriced. for gaming the very best you can get is the soundblaster z or titanium hd
fx-9590 - is really just a overclocked 8350. amd fan or not, that cpu was made to compete with i5-2500k, and even overclocked it can not beat it. so, several generation later, the gap has been widened so far, that i3's have managed to compete with them. that being said - go for an i7 :D

andreaszero

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
I already recommended him the 4790K or, as you can see he has a lot of money, I recommended him the 5960X but he doesn't switch the AMDs. So how about the rest of the system considering the CPU and GPU cannot be changed..