[SOLVED] Need help,with a gigabyte rtx 2060 port bracket size.

muddysoap14

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Hello currently building/upgrading my first computer was just about to buy my graphics card which is a gigabyte rtx 2060 oc pro (the one with 3 fans) however at the last minute I realised that the bracket that houses the graphics card ports might be a different size to what my case can accommodate and I can’t for the life of me find any measurement of the brackets on the web.
My case is an old Alienware Area 51 7500.
My old graphics card port bracket is about 12 cm long.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Solution
There are just two standard sizes of bracket, low profile (half height) and full height. Almost all aftermarket cases and graphics cards use full-height brackets, and all mid-tier and above GPUs use full-height. The area 51 7500 has full-height spaces, and I can guarantee that any RTX 2060 on the market right now uses full-height brackets. It will fit.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
that is a standard ATX case. standard being the keyword here, the ATX standard governs the size of such parts to ensure compatibility.
the GPU has the same length backplate as the case bracket ports, the card will however take up the width of two standard cards. as long as the two slots below the GPUs PCIe slot are empty, and the case is long enough for the card, you are good to go my friend.
after eyeballing both the case and the card your good.
iu

the card is roughly twice the length of the backplate to the end of the slot.
iu

eyeball ruler says you should have at LEAST two inches of room after the end of the card.

Reactions: muddysoap14

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
There are just two standard sizes of bracket, low profile (half height) and full height. Almost all aftermarket cases and graphics cards use full-height brackets, and all mid-tier and above GPUs use full-height. The area 51 7500 has full-height spaces, and I can guarantee that any RTX 2060 on the market right now uses full-height brackets. It will fit.

Reactions: muddysoap14
Solution

muddysoap14

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
that is a standard ATX case. standard being the keyword here, the ATX standard governs the size of such parts to ensure compatibility.
the GPU has the same length backplate as the case bracket ports, the card will however take up the width of two standard cards. as long as the two slots below the GPUs PCIe slot are empty, and the case is long enough for the card, you are good to go my friend.
after eyeballing both the case and the card your good.
iu

the card is roughly twice the length of the backplate to the end of the slot.
iu

eyeball ruler says you should have at LEAST two inches of room after the end of the card.
Sorry but I wasn’t talking about the form factor of the card it self, but speaking to the bracket where the ports are.
I have all ready measured the inside of the case, and yes the card should fit, thanks you so much for going out of your way and getting pictures to show case your point, that sort of stuff really helps.
Thanks again.

muddysoap14

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019

Thank you so much for the answer, this is exactly what I needed to know, I had no idea what the standard sizes are for the brackets and the only measurements I could find spoke to the size of the card it’s self.
Thank you so much.