[SOLVED] Need help with a mini itx build

Nov 8, 2020
Hello. Been trying to figure it out on my own. Pounding nails for a living does me no favors on this. YouTube, web links lead to dead ends on parts.
Flew down to TX visited sis. She's working from home on a 15inch dell laptop. So i want to build a office desktop for xmas gift
This is as far as ive gotten after a month of learning up.. and Xmas is in site
Inwin B1 mini itx. Looks nice. (Important ) Small condo. Room is a factor. small office setup. Big monitor incoming :)
Amd Athlon 300g. Cheap great reviews
Motherboard? Compatibility/bios throws me off. Same with AMD memmory, must have speeds. Info mixed
Case states 8g max ram. not sure why but ok ? Seen i need 2 x4g for AMD. also the ram hieght an issue for case
Seen AMD stock cooler will work with case
Pitching in a evo ssd 250g . Been pluged into xbox, kinda useless there. Will snag a 1tb additional storage Just gotta be a 3.5 or smaller i think atm for case
Also got a new wifi dongle not really useing. Just incase no jack close bye. Wifi mobo,s seem to jump price alot
Will buy a widescreen monitor or a 32inch not sure of the wiser choice both price points 3/4 hundred so trying to build on the cheap functionality/ reliable
Seen she was tabbing in/out of 6/8 programs she def needs some screen space.
Feel free to point me in any direction iam wide open. Things have been tight this year, definitely a budget build. Bank account not so happy-go-lucky
Appreciate any help. Have Amazon cc account so kinda need to shop there. Aka intrest free payments ☺

Solution
Hello. Been trying to figure it out on my own. Pounding nails for a living does me no favors on this. YouTube, web links lead to dead ends on parts.
Flew down to TX visited sis. She's working from home on a 15inch dell laptop. So i want to build a office desktop for xmas gift
Inwin B1 mini itx. Looks nice. (Important ) Small condo. Room is a factor. small office setup. Big monitor incoming :)
Motherboard? Compatibility/bios throws me off. Same with AMD memmory, must have speeds. Info mixed
Case states 8g max ram. not sure why but ok ? Seen i need 2 x4g for AMD. also the ram hieght an issue for case
Seen AMD stock...
What is your actual target budget and what does that budget NEED to include? Do you also need the Windows operating system or you have something on that already? What hardware do you HAVE already that you DON'T need. Lists are good, easier to reference than hidden in a paragraph.

Nov 8, 2020
What is your actual target budget and what does that budget NEED to include? Do you also need the Windows operating system or you have something on that already? What hardware do you HAVE already that you DON'T need. Lists are good, easier to reference than hidden in a paragraph.
Ok will do
350$$ target comp price. Not including eyed monitor. Another350ish
Have
Harddrives 1ssd will get 1hdd
Chosen case comes with psu 200watt
Wifi dongle
Monitor undecided just big or wide atm
Mouse/keboard non issue atm
Dont have
Cpu or cpu cooler
Memory
Motherboard
Win10 key. Planned on free download key later
Sis is doing well for herself if she unboxes a desktop comp with monitor she would be ticked pink to fill in the blanks. Win10 key/mouse /keyboard if i cant afford to

Last edited:
Seen AMD stock cooler will work with case
Pitching in a evo ssd 250g . Been pluged into xbox, kinda useless there. Will snag a 1tb additional storage Just gotta be a 3.5 or smaller i think atm for case
Also got a new wifi dongle not really useing. Just incase no jack close bye. Wifi mobo,s seem to jump price alot
Will buy a widescreen monitor or a 32inch not sure of the wiser choice both price points 3/4 hundred so trying to build on the cheap functionality/ reliable
Seen she was tabbing in/out of 6/8 programs she def needs some screen space.
Feel free to point me in any direction iam wide open. Things have been tight this year, definitely a budget build. Bank account not so happy-go-lucky
Appreciate any help. Have Amazon cc account so kinda need to shop there. Aka intrest free payments ☺
The case will fit two 2.5" drives and the 200W built-in PSU only has a single SATA cable. I'd use an NVME drive that attaches directly to the motherboard for storage which leaves the 2.5" drive space open for a later upgrade if needed for a standard SSD. The Intel 'Comet Lake' G6400 Gold runs @ 4.0 Ghz. and may be a better option than the 3.5Ghz. Athlon 3000G. Get an ITX board with built-in wifi for convenience. Just some ideas to consider.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3jMbK3

Solution
Nov 8, 2020
The case will fit two 2.5" drives and the 200W built-in PSU only has a single SATA cable. I'd use an NVME drive that attaches directly to the motherboard for storage which leaves the 2.5" drive space open for a later upgrade if needed for a standard SSD. The Intel 'Comet Lake' G6400 Gold runs @ 4.0 Ghz. and may be a better option than the 3.5Ghz. Athlon 3000G. Get an ITX board with built-in wifi for convenience. Just some ideas to consider.

Nov 8, 2020
Bought as suggested
Intel gold g6400
Asrock H410m
Corsair Lpx 2x4 8g (scimped a bit there)
WD blue 500g nvme. OS drive. Add my evo 250 ssd
Inwin B1 case
Monitor looking at Lg wide 21.9 on sell atm. Might hold. Black fri sales happening
Iam good to go. Thx all. About a week to get all parts. Looking forward to it
Can close thread thanks again